My Cost Analysis of FAIL

I forgot to add H&R 25mm spacers all around. :slight_smile: They make the Spec-V rims work nicely, fucking +47 offset. lol

1/2 the shit on your list is a wear part that should go into cost of maintenanceā€¦

average $3000/a, unless you drive new

Iā€™d say iā€™m the better part of 40 maybe 50k on a few cars and 2 bikes over the years !

there are benefits.

modded cars can always be parted out or sold and if done semi-properly they never depreciated down to $0 unless you have stupid paint and body kits etc.

as an example, my cars may not sell for my asking price but if i took a low ball and partially parted i would still get in the $20k range depsite having $50k+ investedā€¦ but thats for 2 cars over 5+ yearsā€¦

show me a $50k car new that performs like a boosted 240, doesnt requrie any investment over the same time horizon and is still work $20k 5-6 years later???

any car like that will keep depreciatingā€¦ ours are already fully depreciated.

sort of like how a buddy of mine had his wife trade her 06 cobalt for a 03 mazda tribute with higher mileageā€¦ the cobalt will keep losing value until $1,000. the Tribute will bottom out at $4,000 or soā€¦ so while the values may not be the same now, they corss each other and the SUV holds better.

Neither of my cars will ever get to a point where i canā€™t get $10k for each if i want to part them outā€¦ but if i went and got a g35 coupe for $20k now it will be $14k in 24 monthsā€¦and $9k in 48 monthsā€¦

if youā€™re losing out that badly its because you are not keeping them long enoughā€¦ or you are not building a car worth keeping long enough

Soooo fucking trueā€¦

HA!

Over 20Gā€™s in mineā€¦and now sheā€™s smashed up. That is FAIL!!!

I canā€™t even compile a listā€¦so many parts and custom shit. I forget a lot every time I try.

But really Ahmedā€¦thatā€™s not bad at all.

At 6500 I got this:
-95 240sx with 179xxx kms
-JDM Kouki conversion with aero
-rust free chasis, mint interior
-Super Advan rims 235 up front 245 in the back
-Razo shift knob, some older Pioneer deck

I changed the oil, had a new fuel filter put in engine flushed, cleaned the interior up hard to the point where it looked fresh from the dealership. Ditched the KA two weeks later and got an RB25

Now it has:
An RB25DET
-Coolant resovoir relocated to the front
-Battery relocated to the back
-R33 Skyline Rad
-EBC GD 300zx up front, S14 in the back
-Hawk HP+ pads all around
-Custom short ram cold air intake
-Cusco Coilovers
-Cusco TC Rods
STRi Boost Gauge
-Walboro 255
-6000K HIDS
-HKS 3.25" Hi-Power catback
-Skyline cat
-New master clylinder for the clutch
-New ignitor chip
-then shit like oil, spark plugs, etc.

Thereā€™s more stuff. I always forget everything done to the car. Now itā€™s about 15K.

Sexy^ :smiley:

How does the RB sound with the Hi-Power? Pretty awesome Iā€™m assuming.

Awesome and quiet. It"s the silent version, so itā€™s great for the street. No hassle, just speed bump issues. I have the car as low as it can go without constant tire rubbing on the street. I am not sure if Iā€™d rock different aero due to clearence issues. My tires always smack the wheel wells on the 401 coming off the 404. The roads are too fucked to go that extra turn down on the coils without putting on a sparks show.

Also toss in progress sways, an Apexi Pencil turbo timer, and thereā€™s something else I am forgetting. Ffs. Oh yeah, custom driveshaft. And thereā€™s more that I will remember later. I need to write everything down.