what to do with $5000

ok i need your opinions guys.i have a budget of $5000 and want another s13.i am curently looking at right now. the first one is a

92 240sx with a stock ka24de 266 000.also has 180sx sides,oem rear lip, and 2.5 cat back going for $3300

should i buy this a KA-T it or go with the second option which is a

1992 240sx with

megan racing headers,3" downpipe, and 3" cat back
custom FMIC set up
Z32 MAF (not yet installed)
walbro fuel pump
HKS GT2540R turbo
momo stearing wheel with quick release hub
180sx center light peice
front strut bar
half clear half amber front signals
new alternator

for $5500

which car should i get. i have the s13 with SR in mind

thanks

Buy a Almost Stock S13 so you can call all the work you did Your Own.

x2

Stupid message length.

Buy that 240 for $3000. And then spend the rest of your money on hookers and alcohol. Can’t go wrong.

id go with the SR.

x3 you know whats in and whats not.

In my opinion, $5000 is too little for either of those cars.

Think of how much a decent upgraded clutch, good turbo, manifold, intercooler, plumbing, oil lines and what not else will cost for a reliable KA-T setup…probably (and hopefully) more than $1700. Plus you will need to do some form of work or another on the car to get it “ready” and registered etc etc.

Keep in mind, the other car being $5500 to begin with, may need at least some minor work to get it where you want it…and registration/insurance and all the other junk. Sounds good otherwise from what i’m hearing.

I’d save a little more, then make a decision. But good luck either way.

If given the choice, I will always buy a nicely done, previously modded project car over a stocker. If you know what you are looking for you can save lots of $$'s.

In order to do this though, you need to have a decent plan and the mods on the car need to fit into your plan.

Claiming your own work? Who cares? If you care that much you can always take the car apart, clean the parts and put it back together. Now you have the best of both worlds.

yeah? wow i would have never thought

same with 90% of all other 240 owners

i would go ka-t…i respect that so much more then a sr20. plus it sounds like its got its goods. depends on the body/frame. if good. go for that.

Yeah, I dunno if I agree with that… if I buy a 240 again it will be one with an SR.

Sure it’s great to do all the work yourself and build the car up, but when you factor in finances it just makes so much sense to buy a modded car. Obvoiusly I would only buy it from someone with a good rep on here to avoid a 16 yr old kid that raped the car, but look:

If a good platform costs 2-4k, an SR clip costs another 3-4k, plus all the other little mods you need for it is another 1k. So even if you do all the work you end up spending 6-9 grand. Let’s say 7.5k. I’m not even gonna factor in all the other “little” parts that you would need, but yeah…

Then you go to sell it and if it’s stock otherwise (body, brakes, wheels, etc) then you won’t really get more than 4-5k for it. So an INSTANT loss of 3000$ without factoring depreciation. If you get it installed at a shop, then you lose even more…

Or you can buy an SR’d 240 for 4-5k, and then down the road it still won’t really depreciate THAT much because how cheap can a 240 with a good running SR and a good body really go? If you sell it in 2 years I would think 3500$ easy which is not bad on depreciation. You can take the rest of the 2 grand and buy a kit and wheels for it, and you have a mint car, with none of the hassle.

lol, if i read that reply i wouldn’t have bothered typing my own :frowning:

+1 though.

If you want SR its cheaper to buy it with it already done so get one with SR.

https://www.tigerjapanese.com/product_info.php?cPath=95&products_id=1211

112XXXkm. Provided the paperwork is in order, spend the rest on Registration/plates/safety

Why do you respect the KA-T so much more than an SR20? Explain please. Have you been in both?

Or are you just saying that because you have future plans to go KA-T?

EDIT: Unless your KA-T setup runs 14.5 and you smoke SR’s daily? If not, then you shouldn’t be talking.

^haha, if my SR runs 14.5’s I’d be ashamed…

I picked up on that comment too, Fresh user and a wealth of knowledge.

Buy a stock s13 like others were sayin and work on it on your own, theres more pride in your own finished project.

how about stop asking others what to do with your money and just do whatever you want. who gives a crap what others think?

ur advising him to go Ka-t on a ka with 266,000? Have u tested the compression on his engine ? Are u going to help him install the Ka-t setup?
easier said than done .

Buy the SR.

^^ i did not know it had 266 grand on it…didnt catch that part…my fault

but he could sell most of the parts off the modded 240 to go sr

and birdho53 its not your opinion…it was mine…therefor im allowed to say what i feel. and my reasoning isnt because of power…and no im not deciding on ka-t

my reason is i just find when somone goes ka-t they took a unique route and not go sr. it has nothing to do with power…or which is better, they just did something not many people do. i just respect that more in my opinion. not dissing anything its just a opinion. so dont get your panties ina bunch

You still did not answer my question, have you even been in both? And I did not mention anything to do with power either. Stop talking out of your ass.

In my opinion, you’re an idiot.