My Fox Body Mustang Build

In the words of my hero. “When she moves she moves”

no, but that may be something I will look into further down the road.

the AOD will get replaced when I blow it to pieces, which prob wont take long haha. I’ll either replace it with a World Class T5 from FRPP or a TKO 600, depends. and the 8.8 will go in as soon as its nice out. My garage is really small as it is, and I sure as hell dont have room to swap out a rear end in there, so thats gonna be a driveway project for when it gets warmer out, but i have everything ready to do the swap.

Probably not, I’ve been doing a lot of research on that and for what I am running it doesnt seem to be completely necessary. again, that will be a “further down the road” thing.

Nice work man! If you have any interest in running an NA 302 let me know:)

I’d definitely like to get a few runs in with you this summer!

Yeah, my N/A 302 as well?

haha now thats pushing my luck! i would hope you have something better than a N/A 302 going for this year. I was looking forward to seeing what you could come up with for this season

How about a N/A 3.2?

Oh it’s gonna be nasty, I can promise you that…and of course it’s not N/A, S/C for life.

i heard jesse is getting a turbo…? :gotme:

i wouldn’t know, it’s been a while since i saw the car.

or jumped on the k-member

sounds like it! can’t wait to see it out this year!

on a side note, I’ve got pretty much everything done except for tapping the oil pan for the return line and putting the fuel pump in. I’m too lazy to take pics of it though.

another minor update for those who care:

after a bunch of trial and error, I finally found a decent way to route the lines for the FMU, and I also decided to get rid of all of the EGR stuff completely. I ordered an EGR simulator, to keep the CEL off, and i got rid of the clusterfuck of old, dried out and prob leaky vacuum lines as well. I also just ordered a new MSD coil, EGR delete plate for the intake, and for some bling-bling, a new COBRA nameplate for the intake manifold. annnd thats it for now, i suck with the lack of pics as usual

ok. im seriously contemplating putting this thing back to N/A just so I can fucking drive it. I swear to god, everytime i work on this thing, i take 6 steps backwards in attempt to take 1 step forward. I got to the point where I was almost done, realized something didnt fit right, and had to take it all back apart. so I’m at the point now where it would be REALLY easy to put the stock alternator bracket back on, put the N/A CAI back on, and have it driveable.

Sometimes going fast = hard work. That’s why my car is still slow…I’m at a point where I’d need to put in the time to go through the paces, and it’s not something I’m into right now.

Take a break for a day or two and go back at it after you’ve calmed down.

Go back to N/A so I can whoop on you this summer lol :thankyou:

I can take a look at it if you want and point you in the right direction , just let me know. And don’t put it back to stock. Stick with it, and don’t be a quitter, I hate quitters.

word,

i’ve had sooooooooo many hiccups in this build. but hey, it’s gunna be fuckin fast. going fast isnt easy, or everyone would do it

If you want to, that would be great! I basically started with a pile of parts, and Paxton’s directions are not very helpful.

I need more boosted fox bodies runing around to mess with, stick with it, it’s worth it in the long run…

car is officially back to NA aside from the larger injectors and bigger fuel pump. I can forsee not really having a lot of time in the near future to work on it, so I’d rather be able to enjoy driving it a little bit rather than it being in pieces.

just man up and finish it dude. its still pretty cold out, you have plenty of time before the summer comes.