My Fox Body Mustang Build

GO AIDS!

got some new parts today…

Paxton Novi 1000 blower, currently with a 6psi pulley on it
Paxton FMU
Ford Racing 30 lb injectors
76mm Mass air
all the brackets, belts and other misc stuff

I still have to decide on a fuel pump, get the smog pump delete kit, and i will prob upgrade to an 8psi pulley and get an Anderson PowerPipe…and put it all together of course.

We’ll have to get a run in this year. :tup: Mike

I’ll be down for it if i ever get it done haha. I made a list of all the stuff I need to get done before the car will be road ready, and when i looked at it whenI was done I almost wanted to cry. hopefully the 60+ hour work weeks will slow down for a bit so i can get some time to put it all back together.

getting it reliably drivable isn’t necesarily the same thing as being “done” most of the time.

You need a hand, lemme know.

i thought u bought the vortec? not 02svtfocus paxton. really starting to think your buddy is dead on with how full of shit you are.

I had a deal on a Vortech off of corral and I PMed and e-mailed the guy several times asking him for his info so I could send payment and everything, and he never got back to me after like a week and a half, so I found something else local.

good purchase :tup:

get this together by June please! I plan on being done with my foxbody by April so I can start getting some runs in with the other foxes and such come spring

let me know if you need a hand

I already got most of it on lol. I just have to figure out how that FMU hooks up, figure out what im gonna do for a fuel pump and get the oil pan tapped. I don’t even think I need that smog pump delete kit, I think I can just get a belt to go right around it, I’m gonna have to measure once I get everything back in place

I have a belt that fits a smog pump deleted 302

yeah so do i, the only things the serpentine belt drives on my car right now is the alternator, water pump, and power steering pump. so in theory, I should be able to re-use that belt. I’m not sure if the crank pulley Paxton supplies is a different size than the March one I have on there now, but I’ll just have to play around with it.

For installing the FMU you gotta use that little yellow tool thats in the Crown bag to detach the fuel rail.

The lines on the FMU are labeled “IN” and “OUT” for your convenience.

looks like im taking the fuel rails back off again lol. I just printed out the installation guide form Paxton’s website and I’m reading it now…it’s explaining a lot I didn’t quite get by looking at the pile of parts lol

realized I havent updated this in a while and a couple people PMed me asking me how it was coming…

I have the 30lb injectors in, the Paxton FMU in, the crank pulley on and the oil feed line hooked up. I have the whole front of the motor disassembled as well. The 2 major things holding me up at the moment are I’m waiting for the PowerPipe and smog pump delete from UPR to come in, and BDR5Oh was supposed to come over the one day and tap the oil pan for me, but he never showed up and never returned calls, so im not sure whats up with that.

Once I get the UPR stuff in, I am prob gonna have to modify either the smog pump idler bracket or the supercharger bracket, or both because I have a bigger alternator in the car and its not fitting together. I also ordered a Walbro 255 fuel pump from Mike over at Innovative, and I’m waiting for that to come in as well. Once it get the UPR order in, things should start coming together really fast.

The only other bump in the road i have run into at the moment is the Paxton crank pulley is about 1/2" too big to clear the Lincoln Mark VIII electric fan I have in there. I took the fan out for the time being, but I am going to have to figure out how to wedge that back in there. I can’t really trim the shroud down any more than it already is, and I’m not sure that I can really move it anywhere either. regardless, I’ll have a nice little engineering project on my hands when it comes time to figure that one out.

derek is a very busy guy. give him time. i am still waiting to here back on my remote start install lol

im not worried about it. its 20 degrees out and theres 3" of now on the ground…the car isnt going anywhere for a while anyway

:tup:

finally got some stuff today: Smog pump delete pulley for the supercharger bracket and the power-pipe (should net me an extra 2psi or so) all from UPR
http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3914&stc=1&d=1204775754
sorry for the shitty cellphone pic

I finally have a couple days off this weekend, so I should be making it down to Innovative to pick up my fuel pump and hopefully by saturday I should have everything finished. Only thing left to do will be to tap the oil pan.

nice mike!

do you plan on running a bov/bypass valve? not really necessary but you don’t want to kill the blower with compressor surge

when are you going to ditch that AOD and put that 8.8 in?

any msd for adjusting timing?

Good to see the project is up and going again.:tup: to the new supercharger setup i like the direction your goin, from the the way it looks this things goin to be pretty quick man keep up the good work.