My Fox Body Mustang Build

looks good and do you have any extra parts that you wanna sell

Woah how did I miss this one. Pretty awesome, always wanted a black or yellow fox body. Looks like it’s all coming together. :tup:

Good project man.

I’ve always had a soft spot for those fox mustangs.

Only thing, those glass-pack mufflers make a good car sound like shit. Too buzzy…

nice build.

yeah, glass packs only sound good for like 2 weeks until the packing burns out, lol.

2.2-2.5 60`s buy some Nittos or MT drag radials…

i liked the cowl hood.

you should have took some simple green to that engine bay while it was out tho :smiley:

nice build :thumbsup:

i did…lol actually there was a lot of grease and dirt in the engine bay and right before i put the engine back in I power washed the engine bay out. it used to get dirty real quick because of the open hood scoops, but i dont have that hood anymore so i should have that problem. a little engine brite and its clean again.

M/T Street ETs are in the works for '08

I’d go with improved driving…I’ve managed 2.0’s on street tires with ease when my car was close to what his is now.

Nice cant wait to see it done.

yeah i need to be a better driver, no question there, but my tires are all dryrotted in the side walls so i need new ones anyway

Cool thread! I miss my 93 GT, but my 93 cobra makes me feel better! BTW Id add a set of lowering springs to that list as well!

I was gonna grab a pair of ME ET streets last year but other things came up

I agree with improve driving, but its hard when you’re sitting on a lot of torque. I tore through 2 pairs of tires last year. 245 wide Toyo Proxes (junk) and 245 Goodrich G-Force.

Suspension helps too. I run 245’s and with 305 rwhp and 3.73’s I have to put some effort into spinning. Off idle and it will hook up every time. SouthSide lowers, UPR adj. uppers, and subframes are the only real mods to the suspension out back.

I’m gonna go with new struts and control arms in the rear this summer with wider tires, but I would spin all the way through 2nd with 3.73s welded subframes struts springs etc.

edit: then I’ll get my rematch :slight_smile: but ur fox is gonna need some help

sorry for the hijack mike!

im gonna get subframe connectors, and I was planning on running a set of 255s in the back, and 235s in the front. and no lowering springs. i know someone with them on their fox and im honestly not a fan at all. as i think i said before, when i do the rear end swap, im going to change everything to urethane bushings. I dont really want to put drag shocks or anything wild like that in it. i heard those are a terribly rough ride on the street.

3 way fox racing anyone?

buy my gas?

Funny how these things work…in the last 24 hours, ive gone from wanting to sell the car to making a very nice purchase…

I just bought a Vortech S-Trim supercharger off Corral. It’s used, but only has 500 miles on it. full polished kit, comes with everything except the fuel pump and the FMU so I will need to start doing my homework on that stuff. $1300 shipped. not bad. figure at this point im just gonna go balls out with this thing.

:picard:

word