My headliner sags

so I’m about to pick up a 7 series. The headliner sags in the back. what do i do to mend it? if i pull the trim off the rear glass and pull the headliner back (and spray adhesive on it id assume) will it just sag again?

ive had both happen. idk why but it didnt work the first time and it did the second.

Depends on the adhesive, but that should work.

HEADLINERS ARE A BITCH.

GET THE 3M SPRAY ADHESIVE 90, SPRAY IT ON BOTH SIDES AND LET IT SET UP FOR A BIT (ABOUT 2 MINUTES) THEN PRESS THE HEADLINER BACK ON. IF YOU WRINKLE IT, THOUGH, YOU’RE FUCKED BECAUSE IT IS REMARKABLY POWERFUL.

x2

Be real careful of overspray with this stuff. It has a “jet” style nozzle to focus the spray, but if you squirt too much in an area it may soak through the headliner. Great shit though, really strong when it tacks over.

depends if the headliner itself is dry rotted. If the foam crumbles in your fingers, then you’re going to just have crumbled foam stuck to your roof and still have a sagging headliner.

If your headliner is okay: Super90 works well, but i think Super77 works better. The key is to spray it on both surfaces and let it set (as mentioned) but test it by putting the material together and pulling apart. Check the adhesive and only permanently mount it when the adhesive is really stringy. This will give you the best adhesion.

so I take it I have to pull the whole headliner to do this?

i don’t know what kind of room you’re working with to say for sure.

On larger things, i don’t do the whole thing at once… i’d spray enough to cover about 6", or whatever’s more managable and work your way from where it hasn’t fallen…to the edge.

If you spray too much, you’re fighting time to get it in place properly. I never once had a problem with wrinkles. FYI.