spray glue

so whats the best spray glue to use for headliners? apparently the 3m super 77 isnt strong enough for my headliner and c pillars. it started falling after a week :/:

did you coat both sides?

77 should work…assuming proper application. Did you let both sides get tacky before sticking together?

I tried some spray glues for my headliner and ultimately decided to just have the stock one reupholstered for like 75$… came out much better than any of my attempts

77 works really good if you apply it correctly. If your headliner is heavy, try the 90 instead.

the headliner is not heavy at all, using a plaid material. i applied properly, its the same stuff i used to put the faux fur in the truck and that hasent sagged a bit, but that stays in the garage. the car sits in the sun, as soon as it gets hot out the glue loosens up and thats even with having the windows cracked open and the windows are tinted.

spray epoxy? something that will chemically harden?

I’d use the 90, that’s what I carpet speaker boxes with haha

super 77 WILL work if you put it on correctly. Spray both sides fairly heavy, give about 1-3mins before sticking to two pieces together.

I used Permatex Spray Adhesive instead of the 77 as I was skeptical for foamed backed panels.

Advance carries it.

Did you spray it/put on the headliner outside the car, ie: so gravity isn’t pulling the headliner away from the backer board? If yes, and you apply Super 77 per the directions it will work just fine, I’ve done it before with great success.

If you’re trying to spray it while still in the car its going to fall down after a week or so.

One more surprised 77 is failing and guessing you did something wrong. I even used it to attach ripstop fabric to the carbon fiber rod structure of a remote control plane. Despite the plane being used outside in direct sun all the time and all the wind beating on it the 77 has held just fine.

i used it as per directions, and pieces were not done in the car, i pulled them out and had them sitting on cardboard for this process. guess ill try either the 90 or permatex brand this time