Where to buy: headliner.

Does pep boys have anything i could use? I just want standard black cloth.

a fabric place may have more options, joann or michaels, just an idea

Hey Newman, i just talked to my buddie and he says he needs to know exaclty what year, model car you have. ALso needs to know with or without sunroof and what color…
He works for DNR and he might be able to get one for ya…

JoJo

Jo-Anns, or I normally get my stuff from a place in Rochester (Howards Foam & Fabrics); Also look in the yellow pages for Upolstery suppliers, they’re going to be cheaper and have a better selection for that than Jo-Anns

[quote=“Estorvito,post:3,topic:27081"”]

Hey Newman, i just talked to my buddie and he says he needs to know exaclty what year, model car you have. ALso needs to know with or without sunroof and what color…
He works for DNR and he might be able to get one for ya…

JoJo

[/quote]

well, there is no headliner board in the car. it was just foam glued onto the roof skin, which disintegrated as i ripped out the old headliner, so i am going to try and get some pressed board and some foam and make my own. It’s really weird how it was installed. The winshield surround actually held it in place. Fucking germans.

Just use Rhino liner

But it would be cool to find a heat activated foam, roll it on, lay down the fabric, use a heat gun…

Not only the windshield, but the 1/4 windows and rear window. :lol:

pimp some tweed up there. its easy to rewrap your headliner in whatever fabric ya want.

[quote=“newman,post:5,topic:27081"”]

well, there is no headliner board in the car. it was just foam glued onto the roof skin, which disintegrated as i ripped out the old headliner, so i am going to try and get some pressed board and some foam and make my own. It’s really weird how it was installed. The winshield surround actually held it in place. Fucking germans.

[/quote]

oh ok. i see.

joann fabrics has material with like 1/4" foam behind thin fabric. it seems to be exactly what they use normally. Worked on my car.

yep, Joanns or Fabric Bonanza has exactly what you want.

Use 3M Spray Adhesive from Home Depot. The number on the can is 90 or 88 or some shit. Get the red can.

Super 77 or Spray 90. 90 is stronger and has a more permanent bond.
I’d also suggest you check FWS on Elmwood for upholstry fabric.

[quote=“Violator,post:11,topic:27081"”]

yep, Joanns or Fabric Bonanza has exactly what you want.

Use 3M Spray Adhesive from Home Depot. The number on the can is 90 or 88 or some shit. Get the red can.

[/quote]

I think Jaeger did the headliner in his Corrado. He may have some ideas for you. Def Joanns for material. There are always coupons for 40% off

crushed velvet FTW

oh, and with those hangy downy bally thingys

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:14,topic:27081"”]

crushed velvet FTW

oh, and with those hangy downy bally thingys

[/quote]

hahaha. nice… Do it Newman:headbang:

Originalsin spotted some rad looking houndstooth fabric @ joann’s that is the perfect shade of olive green. It’s this pattern, but olive where the white is, and super dark grey where the black is:

http://www.magnafabrics.com/category/houndstooth.jpg

Ha, super77 says “do not use on headliners” right on the can… not sure why.

why u need a head liner with a cage?

I did black micro suede in the Corrado. Looks decent.

I tried the “headliner spray” can stuff(black can), and it sucked dick. Ended up using the professional spray gun stuff at Kustomworkz.

[quote=“Anonymity,post:18,topic:27081"”]

why u need a head liner with a cage?

[/quote]

same reason i’m putting carpet in it. I don’t want it to be entirely uninhabitable… Remember, I have to pick up girls in this thing…