someone to recover headliner

or atleast someone to help me out. recovering the headliner in the car with plaid, and im not too good when it comes to this kinda thing. thanks.

what kind of car? pull the headliner out, clean it, spray some 3m glue on it and lay it down. I’ve got a 92-95 civic hatch headliner in plaid and one in burberry, it’s easy to do. I didn’t do the plaid one but I did the burberry one.

how is the condition of the original headliner?

^^^car is an e46 sedan. ive done headliners before, but this one has alot of curves to it and im sure ill screw it up trying it on my own. i have 3m super 77 spray adhesive, and the fabric already. current headliner is perfect, just the c pillars fabric is starting to drop so i want to change it up while im at it.

Take the headliner out and peel the old fabric off. Make sure u clear off all the old foam that may stick. Use like 80 grit sand paper then blow off any dust before u spray glue. spray both the headliner and the fabric with glue making sure u dont clump it. u will see and bumps from glue or excess material. let both surfaces tack up then apply the fabric starting from the front to back use heat gun at LOW TEMP if glue gets too dry. Worst case take it off and redo it…

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

another thing if ur headliner has deep of curves make sure the material has alot of stretch

^^^like i stated before. I KNOW HOW TO RECOVER HEADLINERS. i just dont want to do this one. atleast not on my own. which is why im looking to find someone that i can pay to do it. just seeing if anyone does or if they have recommendations because the only place close by that does them i dont trust as he fucked up the headliner in my dads car.

bump…still looking for someone to do this if you know anyone

I know someone pm me your # and I will have him call you. He just did mine in black vinyl came out great. Not a shop a buddy of mine. He will give you a fair price.

dude just try it first. I’m sure it will turn out fine.

Black I hope?

Just make sure if you do it your self. The material your using has a fuzzy back or it wont stick.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but did you ever get this done?

^ if you are looking to get it done pm Motocrossx23

I’d like to rewrap my beige headliner and pillars in black suede if it isn’t too expensive.

:wave:

It’s easy.

there is a guy on SON that is incredible with this stuff.

I really want to get my headliner done from the ugly gray fabric to black suede if anyone is up to it!

holy thread bump. no i didnt, however i rewrapped a bunch of stuff myself.

i sold car.