Sagging headliner

Well As you may or may not know, I bought a 4th gen F-body that needed some work. One of the many things was it has a saggy headliner. My question is has anyone ever re hung their own headliner? I did it in the past, but can’t really remember how it ever came out. I’m starting to think it was a light grey color and the glue bled through.

Is this worth trying myself, or should I take it to a pro? I called a local shop and they want between $80-100 to do it…

I took mine down to have it redone, then realised I was ok with bare metal and kept my money. before that I tried Super 77 spray adhesive, and it bleed through

I’m thinking that is what iused the other time that I tried doing it…

I redid mine once and used a 3m glue in a spray can that i got at walmart. Did it 5 years ago and still holding up great with out any bleed through. Only real hard part was getting the headliner board out, without breakng it.

i have used the 3m adhesive spray. if i recall had to make sure the board was real clean. but if you got a quote for 80-100 bucks i would see about going that route.
does brian (pewter) have any good used headliners at his place? just another option

Yea when I got the quote, he said maybe even less if he doesn’t have to order material in to do.

Yea Brian was my first source, but he didn’t have any…

talk to chaz at first bass and see what he uses to carpet boxes. i use trim tack from metra electronics. it works great. or just go the bare metal look.

i think i may have one now

This fourth-gen F-body wouldn’t also be needing a transmission would it?

I tried it once with spray glue and reusing the factory material. The glue bleed thru as others have said. The glue was specifically for headliners, made by Permatex.

I have seen a few reports on the net of folks using a thicker material from the crafts store and spray glue with pretty good results.