My Kae sounds supercharged!

Wtff

My car sounds supercharged.

When I drive it and give it gas it makes a hissing “Vreeeeee” like its supercharged.

I have been having huge problems with the alternator belt squeeking, maybe its too tight?

Help!

Only time i have managed to get that kinda sound out of a ka OR sr is when u are low on Power steering fluid. So… id check all fluids and make sure there topped up… for starters…

could be ur clutch fan also…If the bearing is gone it will make this noise

Well its an auto…Does it have a clutch?

Gotta learn somewhere guys. Gotta learn somewhere.

I think he means the fan in the engine bay.

I’m not aware of a fan on or for any other clutch… Yes, the clutch fan on the front of your motor…

My friend’s Celica made the same sound when it was low on power steering fluid (had a leak in the system, so it was perpetual). Check that, check the fan, make sure all your belts have around 8-10mm of flex in them, so they’re not too tight, make sure they’re not too loose either.

my mustang made the same sound whe it was low on p/s fluid

i brought it in to a local shp once for some custom piping for the exhaust and when the guy was driving it up on the ramp he asked me if it was supercharged.

needless to say, no

i know my s14 makes that noise, but i think its the exhaust, i duno if it came stock…

it sounds like turbo when you give it hard gas like a hissing sound…

and my belts are good, dont all 240’s make this sound?

The only other thing i could think of, other then whast been said, is maybe one of the small vacum lines might be of off or about to slip off

100% guaranteed its the ps pump mine has done this for 6 months put some fluid in the damn thing before u burn in out than it will make that sound regardless fluid or not…

hicas lines are notorious for leaking up front on the cross member…

I had the exact same noise with mine. I checked everything possible, It ended up being the vaccum line that connects from the fan shroud to the intake.

i had that problem a couple of months ago.

clutch fan seized. belt squealed above 3500rpm.

replace it. takes 5 minutes assuming you don’t have a bent stud like i did.

hell, i have a spare clutch fan thanks to enzos_lil_schumi.

you can have it. i can replace it for you if you don’t know how.