My motor options

Anything can be done cheap, sure. 10k I’m talking all top-notch. The RWHP is all going to depend on cam, and that all depends on how he wants to use the car. 550RWHP would be a BABY cam (for a 414). I think just about all of us would go bigger and go 600+ but I was just sayin’ w/ L92 parts you’d have to try to make less than 550.

Yes, wet sump can be done for way less than dry on a LS7 block. BUT the C5R block was not intended to be used as a wet-sump setup. I never said he was payin’ $3k for the block, I was sayin’ the dry-sump setup would be at least that much (trust me… I’m lookin’ into goin dry on my Z-ho).

Anyway… the point is anything you could do w/ LS7 stuff you can do ~2-3K cheaper w/ L92 stuff. If he thinks he can build a LS7 for $7k (not sure who he’s jackin’ them from, but can I get one???) then he could do a L92 for $5k. Again, I know I can’t do it at those prices, but I guess he has the hookup.

L92
< 2k block
< 1k heads
~ 500 intake (LS7)
Figure in a rotating assembly, cam, upgrade the valve springs and probably headers (I don’t believe LS1 headers will work, plus he’ll want 1 7/8ths anyway) and I still say it’s over $7k, but under $10k. And it will flat out kick ass.

-TJ