My new E23 1984 BMW 733i

Update: New shift cable and some other electrical gremlins taken care of.

I know this it the car everyone on here wants representin’ PS:

Anyway, Working dash lights (can’t really tell in this picture), and yes, temporary screwdriver shift handle until the new one comes in

Working warning lights:

Working moonroof:

Just another useless picture:

Looking great Zack!

so, why exactly did you buy a beat up, 25 year old BMW?

It was a family members IIRC.

-It was cheap.
-It runs and drives.
-It is different, you don’t see them all the time, at least around here.
-It is something to dick around with in my free time.
-It is something that I will take to school in the fall and I won’t have to worry about it getting scratched or dented. The paint is real haggard.

Suprisingly, the body isn’t in bad shape at all, just needs paint - no dents, and two small rust spots. The interior isn’t in bad shape either, other than the cracked dash pad, and the inevitable leather wear of 25 years.

I guess what I mean is… project now, beater later.

hmmm…whoring through??
If the money was right would you have gotten an e30 instead?

Of course I would prefer an E30.

Update: Exhaust from the catalytic convertor back is removed, just need some time to put the new cat-back on. One of the horns magically started working, along with the lights over the gauges and the “Oil Service/Inspection” lights. It’s amazing how some things just start working. I’m sure I will be less amazed when they just stop working again, too.

So when I bought the car off my uncle, he said there was a dime-sized hole somewhere in the exhaust… :hsugh:

Here’s the new(er) catback (bought it used, was only on his car for three months) next to the original. There is a flange that can be seen on the new catback, and not on the old one. That is because the old one is broken off and still bolted to the cat.

too big and slow :frowning:

oh well…

Unfortunately, this is all true. It’s just something to get around in.

Not even going to be able to move out of it’s own way at 180 HP and 3600 lbs :bowrofl:

If I had the change, I’d be rocking an E30 with a swap of some sort. But this will cut it for going down to school and back once in a while.

i can practically give you a decent body '88 328i… if you’d want such a thing. Good luck with it…

I want my e30 to look like that black one.

Side note, FLAT BLACK!

It’s an old BMW…get used to it.

lol x345345634

Wish I would’ve gotten that offer about mid March…

I’m interested if you still got it :wink:

I love the E30 M3. The diamond black BBS RG-R wheels on this one looks great.

Ghetto Trim Painting 101:

1. DO NOT remove trim from car
  2. Mask off everything that is not the piece of trim
  3. Sand
  4. Paint!

The reason for this is because a PO painted all the trim with a brush. It looked like hell.

That trim paint works really well. I did the B-pillar covers on my Beretta with them still on the car too.

The side moldings and rear bumper came out nice actually. I need to redo the part i was painting in the pics, and do the mirrors and front bumper. Too much shit to do to this car, too little time.