My new kitchen...

Hi all,

After doing all new copper plumbing, pvc drains, vinyl windows, a new driveway, and both gutted to the studs bathrooms, it was finally time for a kitchen…I think I’m done with house mods for a while now (yeah, right)…

All the work was done by myself, with a tremendous amount of help from Sagero and Spanky here on the boards, my mom with her painting, not to mention Andy (1QIKZ/Arrow Enterprises, thread seen here: http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?233183-Huge-thumbs-up-to-Arrow-Enterprises-AKA-1QIKZ) who did a terrific job when he hung and finished the drywall. This was my only labor cost, and I was able to this kitchen for a very reasonable amount of doll hairs.

The build time start to finish was 4 weeks, to make it fully functional, 6 weeks if you include all the little BS. The floor is the only original part of the kitchen, and was done by me when I first bought the place. It is a very nice and strong laminate from Tontine, and I wanted to keep it, given the design direction I was going in. The cabinets are maple and made by Thomasville, with the soft close hardware. I like these a ton. Fixtures are all brush nickel, and made by Hampton Bay (I’ve had good luck with their products). However, the counter top is my favorite part…

I’ll show a few before and afters…keep in my mind the original kitchen was about 50 years old when I bought the place 5-6 years ago, and I used only paint to brighten it up a little with a terra cotta type theme…

Then…

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g156/91MR2_photos/My%20House%20-%20October%202010/MyHouse-October2010011.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g156/91MR2_photos/My%20House%20-%20October%202010/MyHouse-October2010013.jpg

And now…

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Looks much better man! Nice job

Thanks man, and fyi, that painting (and 2 more which are in the mail as we speak) are from Kustom Deschenes…

Looks a lot better, where the dining room set is before looks like it’s in a dungeon. Interesting trim color choice, I like it!

Wow, huge improvement!

Love the cabinets, what color are they in the Thomasville line?

Quartz or Granite countertop?

makes the kitchen look bigger. wayyyyyy nicer.

Looks nice, good choice in colors and materials.

X…

That painting freaks me out. Not sure I could eat in there with those witches staring at me, lol.

Wood

Nice man :tup:

The most interesting thing here is that from the looks of it you’re a Raiders fan, lol.

I was hoping that this DIY would lose that painting.

Looks great,may have to PM you since I will be getting into a project like this very soon on the house I just bought.Ha on a side note I think we sell that dish soap where i work the ecover stuff-We sell environmentally sound stuff.

Nice work for sure! Also, nice fridge magnets :wink:

Born and raised, Raiders fan…will be going to the bay area in the fall to catch a game…

Christian, that painting is an amazing piece, I love it, it is not going anywhere…in fact, it was the inspiration for the molding color…

Jason, glad you like them, I promote your shop whenever I can…

That looks amazing, what a 180!
It’s funny how a change of color can open up a room too!

wow, looks much more better!

love the collection of Rock Auto magnets

I’ve had so many of them over the years, they keep ending up on the fridge…

nice job!