My new shift knob (printed on our 3d printer)

Is that even going to be heavy enough to be a useful shift knob, in plastic, or do you plan on weighting it?

Looks cute. :gay2:

I’d rather have something smooth. But, if I had to have something slightly angular, this would be a good choice. lol.

$5 says you can’t get a chick to sit on it. Pics plz

i was thinking glow in the dark too…

:wink:

thats def hott, like how its different and to your own taste

i think every fast car needs something a lil feminine to offset it a bit since cars are always referred to as “she” or “her”

i <3 this

Haha, I have to give credit to juicedz4 for the idea…

When I interned at FP back in highschool a guy there was making dash-gauge-pods on the SLR machine. I can’t imagine his supervisor knew about it considering the cost of the liquid in those.

I showed my boss the shift knob, he thought it was fucking awesome.

What are your plans for mounting it?

I printed it with M10x1.25 threads already in it. :slight_smile:

:2fingers:
reading>me

Is this stuff pretty durable? Do you for see your knob getting sloppy over time from use? lol

If it does, I’ll make another one. :smiley:

just like you didnt put that sweet belt on there

you need to put a pink light in it…

I have to admit, that’s pretty damn creative. :tup:

Very unique.

You may want to consider Helicoil or press insert into the back of that. At least something to reinforce the threads.

Being plastic I would look at a press-in style insert. But I don’t think you will find an M10. Pem and McMaster did not have anything press-in.

I did find 2 types for M10x1.25 in a screw type. Double check the lengths.

90245A174 - $3.39 each for plain steel or $14 for SS.
90296A341 - $3.75 pk of 5.

If this is not to your liking you could leave a Hex cutout and bond in a nut underneath. That is probably the best option if you can get one to fit.

I really think the threads in the plastic will hold up, but my backup plan is a hexagonal cavity (we think alike). I can even make a printed cap to bond over the nut so you’d never see it…

Anyway,

Took some pics of the larger shiftknob this morning… check the link…

[02/03/10 - Custom Shift Knob

http://onyxsyndicate.com/newman/e30gtr/img/thumbs/cat4.jpg](E30GTR-CUSTOM SHIFT KNOB)

Thats Badass

Yeah seen many plastic parts with a hex cavity. Press in a long nut.