My noob post! 2.4T 1g neon here.

And a terrible one at that :lolham:

Welcome I guess even though I haven’t really been here much longer than you.

nah tryin to keep the price down, and 300ish hp will keep me entertained for a season

The SRT turbo is fun, ~ 320 WHP and 380 ft/lb with my build. Pretty much a burnout machine in a 2500 lb car :slight_smile:

Big turbo is nice too though, it pushes the torque spike back, and makes it more mild. Its alot better on the clutch. You can rev higher too, my power peaks around 6k. Finnaly, you get an extra 100+ WHP and ft/lb :slight_smile:

–mark

300 hp is pleanty for me as im probly pushin about 230 now and it pulls decent, if i dipped 12’s i would more than satisfied, i wanna ride in this car

I gave some guy in buffalo a ride today, he was driving his stripped out black neon at the Autox. I think his name was … terrance??

Anyways, he got a fun ride. I hit the rev limiter and shot a big fireball :stuck_out_tongue:

–mark

lol, my car also does that once i a while between shifts if i bounce it, my rear bumper hates me

Welcome aboard :tup:

So what does this turbo beast run in the 1/4? :eyebrow:

:wstupid:

Slow :smiley:

I’ve only taken it to the track once. I hate to give ricer excuses, but mine are real. First, it was the first time i’ve ever been to the track, so I had no clue what I was doing. Second, my tach broke on the way to the track, so I had no gauge of RPM, other then sound. Third, my clutch was slipping just as bad then, as it is now.

I ran a 13.5 @ 109. It has so much more in it, even in its current state. I was shifting into 5th, getting 2.4 60’ times, and only got 3 runs in. First 2 runs were 14.1 @ 99 and 13.9 @ 104. I managed to go up 5 MPH each of my three runs. I can probably squeeze out a 113 trap as it sits, with the slipping clutch. Maybe a little bit less.

But, this is pretty much arbitrary now, since its only going to be in its current state for a few more weekends :snky:

–mark

I can verify his clutch slipping like a mofo.

He ain’t no ricer…(yeah right).

What tranny are you using the T350 or T850?

T350 w/ the 3.55 , Open diff.