my poormans type r install

ok the b16 head and type R head are the same except the type r head has better valves and springs, valves are the same size. it does flow better than a gsr head, . yes i have work done to the head. it has been P&P and milled, and does have type R valves and springs, type R cams. i need a type R manifold & TB to get the better flow, but that will come in time. I dont have any dyno numbers yet, I have to wire up the knock sensor, I dont have a plug and am getting one asap, since I used a civic harness its not wired for knock.

it took 6 hours to drop the old motor and pull the tranny and install the new swap. and it took that long cause we used hand tools, I broke my airgun in the process of the swap

what do you need Ken?.. The KNock sensor itself.? I have one if you need it.

Call me.

thanks for clarifying the flow

sounds awesome

nice very nice, hope to see it at mighty before seasons up, going to nyirp on the 29th? maybe we can get a run in?

he dont live in Buffalo.
Hes from Colorado. lmao…

Thats cool though. :rofl:

Wait - do you think you’ll be ok NA with the 9.1:1 pistons and Type R cams?

ugh, i see shitty driveability…

i should be ok, I did the 9.1:1 pistons for boost and when that time comes I am pulling the type r cams. I heard they suck for boost.

i wanted to see how good the cams are and what all the hype is, i have only driven it around the block and it threw the check engine for knock sensor. so now it is sitting. I am waiting on a buddy to show up with a plug. I dont want to drive it to much in limp mode. so I rather it sit and wait, should have it done sometime this weekend.

and if driveablity sucks I am pulling cams out and putting back in b16 cams.

people that tell you over lap is bad for boosted engines are idiots.

toda and i have both posted on here, and UBRF showing how well it does work. if you dont believe us, pop over to evans tunings site and see what he has to say about it.

am i the only idiot that came in here looking for a crappy install of a subwoofer?

Lmao… You suck… jk.

lol I dont do crappy installs of subwoofers

zer0daze is totally right… a longtime popular notion with FI honda’s was that more cam was real bad… then full race and jeff evans took a very popular setup and made something like 50 wheel hp by a simple cam change and tuning using a stage three all motor cam equivalent vs. a stock type r cam, then i believe they tried skunk2’s “turbo cams”… now full race makes their own turbo cam that is very agressive in specs when compared to what was thought to be the best turbo cams on the market. and with the right tuning of course (ala jeff evans)

anyone dig up that thread? i don’t know if im 100% accurate i read it a long time ago but it was fucking sweet…plus the car that motor is in is insane. he daily’s a 700++ whp civic coupe that is beat looking… it redefines sleeper.

plus on a side note jeff evans gf drives a hatch with a built K-series turbo… she’s got to be so hott.

damn i have to check that out, sounds like a beast