My S2000 Build thread 56k beware

Car looks good dude. Every group of photos I see Pat take he always adds in that blue highlight shit. Idk if its just me but I don’t like it at all. And future plans of putting a BBK on this? Would look hot

always future plans lol. i’ll go with ce28’s and wide rear fenders probably next winter

Looks great who did the paint? I might need a bumper painted. If you could pm details thatd be awesome.

I never understood spending 3k on big brakes to look cool. The stock brakes are plenty capable with an appropriate pad.

Playtex or tampax? What’s the better pad?

I love how your car is also at a totally usable ride height as well!

Another network bump, his one for the import guys :slight_smile:

Gay convertibles.

sorry I missed this earlier. Hart’s Collision in East Greenbush did the paint. I’ve had Alex do a lot of work for me and it’s always top notch

bye bye supercharger. time for a change. what that change is I don’t exactly know yet. Hondata and some form of boost, possibly turbo. i’m weighting my options/costs/timelime
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/jacobennis/DD1C5CB6-CEB0-44AF-B485-2243F0B53A12-2694-00000311DF75FE5E_zps6808a992.jpg

How much would you say you have under the hood, at or around… 100 grand?

#fandf

Needs an LS1 swap :slight_smile:

http://www.toosoonjunior.com/johnny%20tran.jpeg

OT: Holy crap, there is a www.toosoonjunior.com LOL!

no time for an ls swap, I want to drive this car this year and if I go that route i’ll probably spend all summer working on it. Whatever I do I want done and finished by June, come summer i’m on the boat every free second I get and don’t work on much when it comes to projects. I think I would have enough time to do a built engine/turbo/hondata by then but worst case I suppose I could built the engine and tune it on the hondata and then wait around to find a good turbo kit. idk right now, i’m weighting my options at this point

haha thanks mang,you did PM me the info though :wink:

i like the turbo idea, we already have enough s2ks that will never run again in the area.

i’m planning on picking up a spare engine and building it for boost while I keep my current engine in and can drive the car NA. when said new engine is done i’ll swap that in, run it NA and then look for a turbo kit or fab one.

1 S2k in this area that isn’t running is 1 too many in my book, but he is highly skilled and I can’t wait to see it finally done. it will be awfully nice, his build has been impressive up to this stage and i’m sure we’ll all be drooling when it’s complete and running.

yup, i just hope that he doesn’t get 99% done and decide to start over again. i know and understand why he did but i just want to see the damn thing driving under it’s own power, esp so everyone that doesn’t realize how many cars don’t run at shows will stfu about him still bringing it to them.

Warm fuzzy feelings… thanks boys lol

Picked up Corey’s engine last night as a spare to swap in for my turbo build. already has a built head so I just need to figure out if i’m going to sleeve the block or leave it stock. it’s about 3300 to sleeve it and these blocks handle 5-600 no problem with built heads so it’s a coin toss at this point. we’ll see. Probably going to change up the powder scheme as well.

Laskey racing built head:
Super tech valves
Super tech bronze guides
Super tech retainers

FBM h11 head studs
painted alternator
PowderCoated hawaain teal water pump
Hawaain teal idler bracket
stock block with 56kmi
feed and drain lines tapped for turbo

Also got a huge mishimoto intercooler in last week 31x12x3".

To Do List:
First, I need to get this engine all set up and on hondata then i’m going to swap it in and run it NA while I source the rest of my turbo parts for the built. This is just my list below to keep me organized.

Parts I have and need to install:
-Carpet the amp rack
-Make speaker adapters and install my JL c5’s
-Wiring the car for audio/amp
-Delete the cruise control buttons in my start pannel and add a button for turning my radar on/off.
-replace my clutch master and install my ss clutch line -DONE
-Axle nut DIY -DONE
-Install exedium diff collars -DONE
-Change diff oil and MTF
-Change cabin air filter -DONE
-Add A/C with ghettocrx relocation lines
-install Full blown radiator and slim fans
-Install coilovers and get alignment

Stuff I still need to buy/order:
-Fresh tires
-Coilovers -DONE
-Seibon MG hood, painted black