My S2000 Build thread 56k beware

Thanks! I thought a lot about color for the car but what i think i am going to do is keep it berlinia black. Next year i think i might do a custom color on it.

The soft top will still be electric, wouldn’t want to lose that feature

It not really a dick measuring contest, its honestly about safety there. We don’t want to see our fellow car friends get hurt, thats all. Jeff is one of the few here with real track experience, so he isn’t just talking out his ass or looking shit up on the interwebs. Ohh and he smacked a wall real good in the fall, ask him how those belts worked! lol

I know its a c sucker to put a strap between your balls to go to the supermarket, but like you said, you have to put 4 into the cam anyways, might as well add one more while your at it.

Let him die, he obviously doesn’t give a shit about your “opinion”.

suck me butt face. He does GIVE A SHIT. PISSSSS, ASSSSSS.

personally, im a fan of the anti-submarine strap because it holds the lap belt in place when you cinch down the shoulder belts.

i’ve rocked my 5 points in the crawler a few times with just 4 points clipped in, and the lap belt rides up.

This is in corbeau suspension seats, which might have the belt holes in different spots though…

There is a lot of truth to that, I mean even if i get the crotch strap i can still get away with not clicking it in if i’m just tooling around town taking it easy

parts are starting to roll in from last weeks orders

My other seat rail comes in today, tomorrow and sunday i will be finishing the cage

3/28/2011

Got some goodies in today!
Takata 4 point harnesses, gel pads and eye bolts

Painted the cage this weekend, got the dash back together with all the hvac vents and wiring and put it all into the car. Welded in the cage and started up the car for the first time in probably the past month… Here are some pics, cage still needs final paint but it’s pretty much all done, going to finish it today and install the complete interior this week. I’m running out now to price up some tires for the stock rims. Have to go into honda tomorrow morning and order a lot of parts, fenders and a rear bumper. Here is some pics form the weekend, didn’t take very many…

3/29/2011

Lots of progress on the car the past few days!

Yesterday I ordered the heim joints / rod ends for replacement on a used T1R anti-bumpsteer kit I bought used a while back. I called up some T1R vendors / reps and they sell these rod ends for 150- + shipping, I felt that was pretty high. Another vendor on here told me all they do is order up these joints from somewhere else since T1R doesn’t actually sell the replacement ends in a kit. So I took them out and measured them up and got them through McMasterCarr. Just for reference the part numbers are 59935K471 & 59935K87. I know a lot of people on here have been looking for the replacements since they go fairly quick. I’m going to order up some boots for these today to try to prolong the life of them a bit further. They were 20 bucks a piece. Also bought a S2carbonworks coolant overflow tank yesterday in the FS section for a great price and a rho-plate for mounting the front plate. I’m going to fill all the hols in the front bumper for a clean look.

Last night the cage got finished as well! It’s now welded in the car and painted. I also put the rear cross member and soft top motors back in the car, I was happy to see that the top worked perfectly. I couldn’t be any happier with the way everything has turned out. All I need to do now is install the interior again and I’m all set. At the end of the night we put the car up on jack stands and removed the rim/tires so I could get new rubber put on.

Today I started off my morning with a trip to Saratoga Honda to order all my OEM parts left for the car before paint, they hooked me up with great prices matching majestic on everything. Can’t beat that! Still had to pay tax but that’s definitely cheaper than shipping for front fenders and a rear bumper amongst quite a few other things that were on my order. If you need any Honda Parts go straight to Saratoga Honda. So then just before I got to work this morning I dropped off my rims and tires at the Hankook place across from my work. I’m getting V4ES tires front and rear, 205 front, 225 rear. Apparently no one is making 245 tires in a 16” rim size anymore. The ones I could find in 245 rear were around 900 a set for all 4 and they were cheater slicks. I’ll be fine on the 225 rears for now and when I get rims this summer I’ll go with something wide for the rear.

Plans this week include: Install front and rear anti-bumpsteer kits, and driveshaft spacers. Paint the calipers black (or quite possible disassemble and powder coat them), pick up an air saw and cut the holes in the hood for the diy hood vent mod, weld up the holes from the OEM side strakes and do some bodywork. The car hits the body shop in 2 weeks for body and paint, keeping it berlinia black for now (this may change in another 2 weeks lol).

Enough boring talk, here are the pics:

Mounting plate for the mid rear bars

The welds

The rest of the cage coming together

Painting the cage

And because I think it looks cool on jack stands

Now that the cage is all done i just called up MVP Motorsports and ordered the second Sparco Evo seat for the passenger. I believe i have every part i need to finish this car at this time. Just want to do the diy hood mod, make a single exhaust plug with the new bumper and install the parts i have sitting around for this. Also going to go naked on the headlights and remove the orange side markers. I might paint the orange black with a single stripe when i get it out but i think the naked look is the best for ap1 lights.

Just ordered some very nice roll bar padding from hard dog, also the leather stitched pieces to fit around the padding and bar. Saw this on S2KNFR’s cage and i had to have it, should have it in the end of next week.

Going to toss the headlights in the oven tonight and seperate them, i need to replace the housing on the passenger one and that’s in the mail. Also going to strip out the yellow diffusers for the “naked” look. Also have a small fiberglass project on my start button panel i’ll start working on. Friday i’ll put the interior back in and remove the srs light from the gauge cluster.

coming along nicely. :thumbup

lookn real good, this thread rocks

someone give justin a push, hes about to start swingin.

4/1/2011
Did a little work last night from home. Baked the passenger headlight and seperated everything from the housing. I have a guy sending me a new housing that’s in the mail now, i had a broken tab on mine so this will be a good, and fairly cheap, fix. I bought the pair of headlights for 340 shipped and bought the housing for 60 shipped so i’m looking pretty good based on what i’ve seen these go for. Hell, i sold the broken to pieces, and i mean busted to shit, headlight that came with the car for 200- just because it had a good ballast and bulb. Anyways, while i had it seperated i decided to remove the orange as it flows with absolutely nothing on the car, loving the naked look. Best part about doing it now is i didn’t have to remove my whole front end to remove the headlights!

And after

Next up i removed my DCI controls since i have an alpine unit, i could have integrated it but a basic audio upgrade is all i’m looking for with this car. It came with a great alpine deck and polk speakers, i’ll swap out the polks for some JLs in the near future. never been a fan of polks. Maybe put a small 8" JL sub in the passenger footwell as well, but nothing too crazy. My truck is already worked with audio since it’s basically my demo vehicle for JSEnclosures, this vehicle will be build around speed. Back on topic, after i removed the dci buttons i hit it with a dremel on the back side to give the fiberglass something to stick to, then i taped up the cluster to fill all the holes with fiberglass. Laid down 2 layers of glass mat and waited for it to dry. Picked it up this morning and it’s all set, just need a quick coat of light filler and paint and it’s all set. Since i have the quick release wheel i’ll be mounting some cruise controls buttons in this panel. I already picked them up from radio shack, momentary black for ‘set’ and red for ‘cancel’. Should have this back in and wired up this weekend.

Time for some filler

damn those apples are BANANAS! sick wallpaper

4/3/2011
Got a bit done this weekend, still waiting on a ton of parts which is holding me up right now. I’ll just explain with the pics:

Finished my DCI delete mod. The 2 buttons will be for the cruise control since i have an aftermarket wheel. I think i might fiberglass this once again with my valentine 1 remote display in the top.

Got the mugen roll bar trim all installed, driver seat in and harnesses all set.

Started cutting the hood for the hood vent diy mod, still need to get at it a little around the corners.

coming along pretty nice

Silverstone hood? Cage looks so good.