My S2000 Build thread 56k beware

found this picture of you

Woohoo! usps guy just dropped off the driveshatf spacers. Car can go up on the lift tonight and i’ll install these. Hopefully my rod end covers get here today too and i can get the rear anti bumpsteer kit in also. Front anti bumpsteer kit also going in tonight.

Build is looking good.

What did you use for the CF overlay? Vinyl or a CF layer?

It’s a thin Cf layer with 3m backing

I like it.

Figure out what you’re doing for the valentine? I’ll actually need to figure out a non windshield setup for my Miata and I was thinking of using the cage as well.

I’m going to have my buddy machine a sandwhich plate for the v1 between the top and the bottom. Attach those two plates with tamperproof hadware so no one can easily take it apart and grab my v1. And have a bracket off that sandwhich plate to attach to the roll bar on the rear of the car (main hoop). Then i’ll use my remote display up front for the visuals

Almost like a V1 sandwitch out of the plates? Possibly using safety Torx’s?

I have a double diagonal w/ a harness bar, so a harness bar might be the best bet for me.

I’m subscribed now to see how you make out with it.

4/5/2011
Installed the front and rear anti bumpsteer kits last night. Also installed the driveshaft spacers.

what did you need the spacers for?

my apologies if you’ve already addressed it.

nice work thus far. keep it up!

Driveshaft spacers correct the geometry of the suspension when the car is lowered 2-3"

What suspension are you running?

stock suspension with tein lowering springs. Came this way when i bought it, only the previous owner didn’t realize that the anti-bumpsteer kits and driveshaft spacers go hand in hand with lowering this vehicle.

So are you going to put something better on or is this just going to be a show car?

Yep, it will be upgraded. It works for now while the rest of my car is coming together.

Cool, any ideas yet?

JRZs

What’s JRZs?

:rofl Only the most ballenest shit eva.

Never heard of that brand before