My special 96 S-10/Sonoma/Bravada mini

:booty:

didnt u get that form me?

DAmn alztimers… haha j/k… ya, I got sick of the cowl hood and wanted a GMC hood so you swapped me.

i like the baloon tires look, i’ve never seen that.

good lookin truck man like it a lot with that front end

Well I finally got the shocks on this past weekend. What started out as a simple 1 day job and no cost (I already had the parts) ended up costing me almost $250 and an entire weekend. As I was mocking up the shock mounts I had to relocate some brake lines. No biggy - they’re cheap and the runs were very short. So i go buy the lines I need and end up breaking one of the new ones as I was bending it. Damn. So I go get another one and end up breaking the end off of the flexible line too! Damn. I go get the flexible line and as I’m putting it on… snap. I busted the banjo bolt off in my caliper. I have no means to remove it, so I had to go get a new caliper. Damn. Upon installing the caliper I realized there was no new banjo bolt. I had to go buy one. Damn. I got the shocks mounted (after burning an airline I knew was there) and went to bleed the brakes. Well I must have full stroked the master cylinder because it was shot. I went and got a new one. Damn. So now it has shocks (in the front) and brakes. While I was crawling around down there I (hopefully) fixed a few minor air leaks and re-inforced my valve mounts. I also got a lot of progress on my center console yesterday as it was raining. Pics are still on my camera.

Next up is to repair the air line i fucked up and put shocks on the rear. While I have the bed off for the shocks, I hope to sand and paint the entire rear section of the chassis with something to prevent rust. I used Rustoleum paint when I origionally did the rear end work but that didn’t work for shit. It’s all got a light coat of surface rust now that needs eliminated. After that, I should be ready for inspection and back on the road!! :crossfingers:

Then body work galore :-x

Thats all me… I’ll gladly bring up the sanders (manual and electric) and do my best on your body :ugh2: :rofl:

cool beans. I am gonna teach myself how to do leading though. I will need that done with my tail light fillers for sure, and i cracked the bondo on my door filler the other day when I slammed it. I was never a fan of bondo anyways.

needs an olds w30 style ram air hood!!!

Got a pic? I’m not familiar with that… but i have the hood I want. I had a cowl hood and wasn’t diggin it. The only thing that I’ve been contemplating is 2 little mini scoops on each hump… but i like the way it is now so why change it?

but who kows, i may change my mind in a week.

nevermind, i don’t see it for the s-series trucks. www.usbodysource.com

whats it look like though? Just because someone else doesn’t make it, doesn’t mean i can’t

here it is on a 442. i’ve seen this style hood on a big chevy truck recently

i’ve seen one similar to that for the s-series. It wasn’t as flat though. Not really my style either.

yeah the one you are thinking of is similar to the ws6 trans am style hoods. the w30 hood would look better on the boxier 94 and older s-series. i was just a thought thou since you went the bravada look, tryin to keep some olds heritage.

He’s not an olds fan, Cutty… he just wants to be like me
:booty: :poke:

Water probbaly got behind it… Did you put fiberglass over the welded in piece before you bondo’d it to get it smooth?

nope, I know it’s wrong, thats why it’s getting leaded

True, I do idol you, haha

but I do like Bravadas and they are oldsmobiles… so I guess I am a fan of oldsmobiles :moon:

Well I got my camera back from my buddy. Here is an updated shot of my center console so far. It’s simple but effective. It will hold 2 dual needle air gauges, 6 switches (each wheel independant, and side/side) and a main power kill to my air system. It’s only my second time playing with a fiberglass creation so keep that in mind while you laugh…

http://www.blazinlow.com/s10blazed/centerconsole01.JPG