My Suspension Restoration Project

Mount pieces for the Subframe after being being coated extreme chrome

Rear Axles are ready to be put back together… I just need to hit up princess auto and get some boot clamps and grease.

So I decided while the subframe was out to replace all fuel and brake lines in the rear end since it would be a pita doing it later on once the subframe was in.

I left the fumes line or whatever that runs to the charcoal can in place for the time being since it had no fittings or flared ends etc etc and its also the only line in solid shape. Both fuel lines were patched with rubber hose etc when sections rotted out and began to leak.

Rubber lines themselves were fine but the steel lines were rotting pretty good and the passenger side line was ready to break at any time as it broke when I was maneuvering it out of place so good thing I decent to address this issue now instead of later but I knew the lines were going to snap if I tried to remove them from the rubber lines but luckily enough Nissan used a brass splitter instead of a cheap-o steel splitter so those fittings came out no problem at all.

So Monday I will hit up Napa and buy all the lines & fittings I need so I can re make everything and the plan is to make all the lines in either 2 or 3 piece sections with brass connectors in between. I will also be Powder Coating all the lines to ensure they dont rot out on me down the road. Will probably go with the Chrome for Brakes and Red for Fuel but I’m still undecided on that.

Most of tomorrow will be spent grinding down the under body in the rear end now and removing as much of the rust as possible before I clean it all down with some chemical sealer so I can get it painted. Now hopefully I dont run into anything else that needs to be addressed and that way the car will be back together this week for sure.

do the fuel lines in gold seeing as that’s similar to what gas is worth these days hehe seriously though work is looking great i’d love to take the time do something like this.

Sweet as, Jeff!

Thanks guys…

I’ve been delayed again as I got swamped at work and then my dad decided he wanted to re-organize to shop so I had to put the old rear end back in place just so I could move the car out of the way but its finally time to get back to work today.

I picked up one of these yesterday so I could make up the new brake and fuel lines

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/94500-94599/94571.gif

Will hopefully post some pictures later today or tomorrow once I have the new lines made and Powder Coated. Still debating colors but I think Gold or Green for Gas is defiantly suitable and will probably end up going White for Brake Lines.

who the hell are you!? :slight_smile:

I think I’m lost

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/hsughr.gif

Alright well I was busy at work so didnt get much dont this week but here are a few photos…

180sx/altima/maxima Calipers, which ever you prefer. I ended up selling the J30’s as there was a better pad selection for these and they were also a bit cheaper.

More hardware which mostly consists of diff/axle nuts/bolts which I needed in order to assembly the entire subframe setup which I plan on doing tomorrow…

Hung them and painted them before I left work today so they will be ready for tomorrow but I will defiantly have more updates tomorrow as I refuse to let this damn thing sit any longer and will for sure have it together by the end of sunday and on the road this week!

Hardware all Painted and ready to go

S13 Ebrake Assembly required for the S14 Calipers.

New Fuel & Brake Lines for the rear section of the vehicle.

More pictures later today once I start getting it all back together.

The fuel lines look HAWT! Wow, i never thought of painting those… =D

How did you paint the brake lines? Powder coat? Tremclad? Looks sick.

Lines were Powder Coated :wink:

Only parts I’ve used Tremclad on would be the Nuts/Bolts & Axle Ends and the reason for that was because the Powder Coat would go on to think on the hardware so nothing would thread together and two of the Axle Ends had plastic stoppers in them which arent removable and I didnt want to take then chance on them melting in the oven.

I’ve fell behind again thou because I’m so busy at work but I’m very slowly getting there.

I made my own gasket for diff cover and got that all sealed up and back on. Also got the Axles put back together but I ran out of grease on the last end so I still have to finish packing that then I can assemble the Rear End.

Underside is coming alone nicely but I still have a bit of work left to do before I can install the new lines but I hope to get to that by Wed.

So yea… the whole Subframe assembly will be together this week and once I get all the new lines in place it will finally be time to put it in!

i wish i had the resources to do all that
good work!

Looking awesome man. I’ve been following this forever… I admire your patience and dedication.

Thanks guys :wink:

I’m just lucky I have another car to drive for the time being or I’d be screwed. And since I do I wasn’t to concerned with time but now my father needs the use of my Integra so I need the 240 done a.s.a.p. Its just rough because I’m so busy at work to begin with, which has delayed things further.

Was able to get a few things knocked off today thou in between waiting on the compressor and oven.

Last Axle End is packed full of grease so I locked down all the clamps and their good to go now.

Brake & Fuel Lines are all in place so I’m good there.

Then I got the Subframe and set it on some wood which I placed on top of a pop kart so I can raise it all up into place. Didnt get far as I realized I didnt have enough lock tite or any fluid for the diff.

I’ve got one set of Rims left to do tomorrow morning and then I can spend the rest of the week on the car so I really hope no one else brings anything in to get done :stuck_out_tongue:

Got most of the Subframe assembly together…

Not much left now… Just hav to drill out the rear sway bar bushings from 15mm - 22mm (ES dont give you hicas ones for some reason) and get the Front/Rear Calipers back together and them I’m done.

Looks farging awesome man. I’m sure it’ll feel awesome too… Plus the gratification of knowing something isn’t gonna just break on you because it’s old and rusted… And the joy of working with nice, clean, un-rusted crap whenever you have to go under there… I’m sure the sweet taste of driving it again after having it off the road for the last year or so is gonna be awesome too.

Thanks… I’m sure it will feel awesome too and I cannot wait to get it back on the road. First week or two I’m gonna roll around on my shock/spring combo and see how it is and then throw on some stance gr+ pro coilovers so I can get a taste of what that is like.

It will be a never ending project thou as I still have many other things to finish and other things I want to re-do such as the intercooler setup and exhaust but I’m looking forward to everything :smiley:

Looks great as usual Jeff. I’m really digging the white fuel lines. Great choice.

Everything looks awesome. I’ve been doing or atleast trying to do some similar stuff. I really get enjoyment out of seeing everything so clean. All the suspension components look perfect. You really are doing it RIGHT man.

Good on you! :slight_smile:

Thanks Dustin :wink:

I’m extremely please with how it has all turned out and cannot wait to get started on everything else that needs doing, ha.

Few pictures of the Subframe all back together thou…

Rear end is all ready to go. Every nut and bolt has been lubed with anti seize and lock tite and then torqued within spec to ensure nothing comes loose so I will be installing it back in/onto the car tomorrow morning.