My Suspension Restoration Project

WOW! :shock: looks amazing man

Well, I’ve got pretty much the entire rear end back together (minus brakes) so here a few a pictures…

Now this thing was a PITA! to install… Like a good 2hrs of jacking, prying and pounding in order to get it to raise up properly. If one corner went to far then the whole thing jammed and got stuck since the solid aluminum bushings have no play in them vs the stock rubber ones. Afterwards I figured it would have been easier if I installed the Subframe alone and then all the parts but no way in hell I was doing that…

More to come thou as I continue to get it back together and on the road.

looks pretty damn sick man. great work! makes me wanna do something like that now too bad im mad broke.

Ahh shit man…I think I told you what a pain I had when I did it too. Same shit.:mad:

It’s done now and looks bomb. You went far and beyond what I had did and that was trying enough. I gotta see this soon.

-Nick

the e brake cables are going to be a bitch to bolt to the subframe now

so aweome

I was just thinkin the same thing…

Should done that first, then let it hang from the front and then attach it in the tranny tunnel after.

Go hydraulic E-brake and it’ll be no worries :smiley:

I’m not worried because its not hard :wink:

And the reason those lines in the picture were not installed prior to the subframe going up is because they are no good/seized.

So I pulled the car out of the shop today and have it home in the garage now :smiley:

Car is incredibly stiff now… but it is super tight and super responsive. I cant wait to go out for some proper rides and see how it is. I also get my hands on some Stance GR+ Pro’s within a weeks time so that should be interesting.

Now I havent put my interior back together (all I have in are door panels and the drive seat) but goddamn is it loud, like I think its louder than previously but maybe thats just me since I havent drove it since nov.

Will post up some pictures either later tonight or tomorrow thou :wink:

Probably just not used to it. I know I remember thinking “DAMN my car is loud” when I first started driving it again this spring, but it’s normal now…

Awesome to hear the work paid off. You probably have one of the stiffest, most well prepped S-chassis, as far as the suspension department goes…

I’d suggest investing in cornerweighing your car, after all the work you’ve done, once you drop those stance coils on and get it cornerweighed, it’ll be amazing…

Also, not having any interior in doesn’t help for interior noise :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea, reason I think it was louder was because as I drove home it started to rain/hail heavily so all I could hear was the water/hail bouncing off the rear wheel wells. That my Silencer is pouched and needs to be re-packed so the exhaust is louder than it should be.

As for corner weighting the car after I put on the Coils. They are not mine, and are just being lent to me for a few weeks so I can decide if I want a set of my own.

I will have all the interior back in sooner or later but for now its not a priority. First thing first is to get some Ebrake Cables installed so that is in working condition and than 2nd is to get some Tie Rods installed so I can get a 4 wheel alignment done.

Regardless of anything thou, I plan on hitting the track within 2-3 weeks tops once I get everything important straightened out :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait to hear how it feels on the track. Maybe try to get out in someone’s car with untouched suspension and coils, or something like that for a comparo?

good to hear its back together Jeff! We gotta meet up soon and see if we can get a bit of a meet/cruise going

No comparison needed because I already know what it use to be like. And to top it off, I was out one afternoon with Benson and decided to drift this little S curve section in the boonies by the shop with stock suspension that was blown. But to make a long story short, I saved it and we lived to talk about it :stuck_out_tongue:

So I know what its all about having a car that handles like ass. But having one that handles amazingly is so much better :smiley:

Few pictures thou as I had it up on the hoist briefly today to inspect everything and make sure it was all good to go still.

Now obviously there is still lots of work to be done on the underbody but all the hard work is done and all key parts/components were replaced. I will be acquiring the rest of the spare parts I need this summer such as a Front Cross Member, Tranny Mount & Drive Shaft so I can re-do those and will also be making myself a new exhaust system a.s.a.p but it will continue to slowly come together :wink:

I wish my underbody looked like that. lol

its funny because the underbody of that car isnt all that bad but it really looks like garbage with all of the nice powdercoated everything beside it :slight_smile: you might have to flat black it all or something just for the hell of it

looks good:)

That is the plan :wink:

Once I pick up a spare drive shaft and tranny member I am going to park the car for a few days and do the whole center section of the underbody so that it doesnt look all nasty because I totally agree, it looks like garbage with all the nice looking parts :stuck_out_tongue:

the parts are waiting for you! i want to see the whole underbody finished… it’ll look so good.