my truck

so I just dropped insurance and turned in the plates for my truck this morning. I am taking the current 390 out and building a 460, I am taking the bed off and chucking it in a garbage can along with the other rusted out body panels( drivers door and passenger fender), and am going to redo everything starting with the frame. I really don’t know what I am doing but it should be fun. :smiley: :beer:

I plan on it taking about 2 years so it should be done in about 4 years or so, give or take a decade or two. :frowning:

hahahah nice!! and good luck man!

cool, keep us posted on the progress

I will

i’m gunning for no more than 5 mpg. I I get more than that, I will be pissed. :smiley:

ls1 it:D

It would be cool, but I want power and a little ass 350 small block isn’t going to cut it. :smiley:

:mullet:

LS1 is a 346 :moon:

Are you buying a crate 460 or building one up from a block your going to find? Any ideas on what your going to do, heads, cam, etc…?

buying a crate motor is boring, any slapnuts can buy an already built motor and bolt it into a vehicle.
my dad has a 1970 460 block, heads, rods, and pistons. I am going to send them to a machine shop to make sure they are ok and to clean them up a little. I’m not looking for tons of power. I do want a streetable idle and be somewhat close to 400hp and a bunch of torque.

It’s more of a learning experience than anything. By the time I am done with the truck I will have done everything from bodywork to building an engine to redoing an interior to etc…

give shaggy the 390, and well have his car on the road in no time. with an auto for drag

rather drive a yugo than any carbed/auto car ever again.
unless fuel injection

$400 and it’s his.

it sucks to get rid of the 390 though. the fucking thing runs good now that it has some good parts on it. oh well

i wonder if it has the same bolt pattern as a sbf

a 390 is nowhere close to a small block ford. everything is different. they do make a bellhousing to put a aod on a 390 though, and just about every other tranny.

iknow a 390 isnt a sbf. i was thinking its along the lines of a M block

and for him he would use his lol T5 and i wonder if there is an bell for those

i’m pretty sure there is one for a t5.

m-block is different than an fe also.

fords are too fucking complicated. I wish they were like a chevy. :eek: I can’t believe I just typed that. fuck

o isnt the 360 and 400 a M block?

thats right yours is along the lines of 427/428/429 i believe

mine is a crankshaft away from a 428. everything else is identical.
a 427 is in the FE family but has different parts that mine does not have.
a 429 is in the “385” series of engines from ford and shares parts with the 460.

the 360 and 400 are different. the 400 is an m-block and the 360 is an FE block.

heres all the details
:nuts: thats just covering the carb motors :nuts:

aw fuck it, ill stick with what works, small blocks

thank you.