My tuned port injection rant

i hate TPI… and i’ll tell you why. its a big pain in the ass to work on. i had a oil leak for a good while now and i finally took up this repair this weekend. started sunday morning. i’m replacing the gaskets…because i believe the leak to be coming from the rear of the manifold.

its taken forever to get everything apart. labeled all the vacuum lines, sensors, etc… there are a million bolts holding the runners on, and all on different angles it seems. rip off the throttle body, the plenum which was easy, but then the runners took alittle while. had to take valve covers off to reach the damn bolts… had to start taking out some of the emissions stuff to get to the valve cover on passenger side…BLAH it was pain in the ass

once all that shit was taken care of, i took off thermostat, the distributor was taken out, then had to unbolt the fuel rail brackets, one of which was a pain to get to the bolt. then unbolt the fuel rail, then pull the shit out of it to get the injectors to pop out of the holes. then wiggle the assembly between the alternator and head/brackets to get it out of the way to take the manifold off.

took me two days to get all that shit off and i stopped today at 830pm with gettin the new gaskets on and manifold with fuel rails back in place.

I HOPE THAT I GOT THE PROBLEM FIXED!! i’ll be soo pissed if it wasnt leaking from there, but its got to be.

now all i got to do is bolt the runners and plenum back on, tb, and hook up all the sensors/vacuum lines, and put the emissions shit back together and refill the coolant.

i cant wait to dump TPI for LT1 intake… one piece manifold FTW!!!

Should of bought a ford. Distributor in the front FTW :booty:

idk man…i rather go fast than have a motor thats easy to work on

sounds like that car’s ready for the boneyard

Buy a beater car and work on the Z at leisure. Heck, I would of taken a week and a case of beer to do that.:beer:

damn kids :crying:

hence he said, shoud have bought a mustang

lol, naw the cars just gettin started. bright future ahead.

mustangs are a dime a dozen. :itr41:

:rofl: and camaros arent?

eh i think all the ones with tpi were totaled by mullet heads … but i say Mustang FTW!

Irocz is one of a kind… newer 4th gens are dime a dozen as well. lol :bigthumb:

then why did you buy a IRoc? stangs are faster stock sorry

yea its deff one of a kind…one of kind slow ride with its low reving old school technology motor. 4500rpms and that motor is screaming

Mustang with t-tops is more rare, Camaro is easier to come by with t-tops.

f mustang’s with ttops

IROC = Italian Retard Out Cruisin …

iroc + lsx FTW. tpi’s arn’t that hard, maybe it’s because i torn so many of them apart by now. shittest part the lower runner bolts if you don’t have the right socket. first time i did it, it was with a alen wrench and the back end of a wrench to break em loose.

false

blkp42e=false