My Turbo Nightmare

sell the turbo ish…fix the moto and next year try agan with a SC

I dunno about ditching the project. Its a real slick car, and is sick if it scoots. I think you have a bunch of stuff for it now that are still good. I don’t think you would make out any better by ditching the project and starting another. I say new shortblock?..maybe longblock? That is real messed up that the thing didn’t run more than like 10 hours for each incident. I went on a few is300 forums, other people are turbo’ing this car without problems…variables or not I wouldn’t let “your” mechanic put his greasy mits on that car again! Couple of runs and turbo blows, couple of runs and engine is shot…damn, WTF. It sucks that there are engine problems, I worry about your tranny, I thought that would be the issue. contrary to what I just said, I would be a shame if you got the engine finally reliable and boom goes the tranny/rear end.

Good luck Dos, hope what ever your decision is goes well

yu my friend , are a retard…goddd this post pisses me off…hahaha just the stupidity of everything…9 grand…yu could hage had a fuckin JDM motor swapped into it…idk even what kindda car yur doin this on…yu never stated…but w/e. dude…id say get rid of that piss poor mechanic…that shit is nuts pullin all the internals and swappin everything out and crank bearings and metal shaving…goddamnn…sound deff like a horror story…i may just have nitemares tonight

It’d be cool to make a “super sleeper”, with rusty quarter-panels and all!

+1 for back to stock.

That is a hell of a lot of money to put into a car. Not to mention that if you do get it running there is then the issue of other supporting mods that might be needed.

The iron-knee is strong in this one. :slight_smile:

its an IS300

yes i agree… things never end up as they should . I jinxed my self saying that it shoudl be pretty realible after i boost it, since no one else are having half the problems i am.

just listen to ppl that try to help u and shit wont go wrong.

who’s ur mechanic, JNJ? :lol:

So you are doing an F-Bod, nice!!

u should build an rb25 s14

Look at his Avitar:snky:

hey at least it’s not necessary to boost for 400hp…man i think my modding for 400hp has totaled about 800.

stop bitching, stop being a fucking girl, fix the motor the right way put the turbo on DONT DRIVE IT AT ALL till tuned, tune it and dont fuck it up…

you just dont use ur head and hmm lets go out and drive it around untune, hmm lets hear a knock but continue to drive it and race it at that matter. use your head and this shit wouldnt happen. its ur dam car you decide what you want. modded cars come with a price…PAY TO PLAY

Have Mike at Innovative give you an estimate to “finish” the car, and then base it on that.

You spent $2000 in labor you will never get back, plus you’ll lose your ass on selling the parts used. Go another $3-4K and get it done right and enjoy it. That motor has Great potential, and can be daily driven, just make sure you have it all together right before you drive it.

X…

find someone that specializes in toyotas or even is300s, that build just those motors. send urs to them, get it back, put it in, turbo it, let it sit till tune time

car is already tunned… was tunned has been tunned…

i would just buy a gte shortblock directly from toyota for about $2100.

It is obviously important that all the details are adressed, and the tuning should be re-done, better safe than $2100 sorry.

x…

tuned

i also hope u have a wideband in the car all the time, and oil pressue gauge, and possible oil temp and water temp gauges. just a boost gauge doesnt cut it. if u dont want alot of gauge u can check out spa dual digital gauges

exactamundo

either lose the money on selling ur parts used
or
lose ur money finishing it the right way

at least with the latter part u will have something to show of it

if not, u spent a whole shitload of money for nothing