My Turbo Nightmare

finish the car pussy :slight_smile: youll be happy in the end.

think about it, spend a little more money and have a decently fast car. sell the stuff, take a major loss, and be left with a stock slow car

edit: BUY A FULLY FORGED SHORTBLOCK. if you buy a stocker, i will buy a ladder and hit u on the head

Quoted for T-R-U-T-H.

THANK YOU.

i dunno, i think the last two cars hes assisted with came out okay. in fact, i think they are the two MOST POWERFUL and amoung the FASTEST cars on here. :gotme: and they are still running strong unlike other builds that cant make it thru a whole season w/o needing a rebuild

sorry to go OT…

stock block can handle 800+ whp

Yeah, ask local Supra Owners.

X…

If you get sick of the car and need it completed feel free to call us. We are at your disposal.

damn…for 10k I can make my car 10’s no problem lol.

oil pump not necessary though, right?

:ham:

Cut your losses, grow a mullet and buy a Camaro. It’s your only way out!

No because his car would be running fine shithead

please look into how many people run the bearings with stock GE oil pump and have no issues. Please call up some IS tunners and ask them who do this for a living and see what they say… They will tell you the same.

whos ass did you pull that idea from?

there never was anything wrong with the oil pump, the problem was that the rod bearings were never checked for clearances and they died and early death

destoyed rod bearings = massive internal oil leak, which starves the rest of the engine for oil, including the turbo

straight from his own when he said he never upgraded his oil pump??? do i need to find the quote? he did just reply to my comment right above yours so im guessing im at least in part right

and seriously, if all these mythical IS tuners are doing such amazing and great things with this motor, why not just pony up and have them make your car work? all these amazing power IS’s out there and all i see from you is problem after problem…self-induced or not, it doesnt make it look too great…

adam doesn’t do things on his own, he listens to what people tell him to do. so if ALL these madd tunerzzzz are using the EXACT SAME PARTS with no problems, is it all user error then? i understand the turbo portion going bad, but that was once. whos made all the other errors? how can these errors occur if EVERY OTHER IS TUNER IN THE FUCKING WORLD is doing the same thing, yet their cars are apparently running well?

i mean seriously…

theres no reason to upgrade the pump, it still does its job properly. you seam to think it was the problem, its NOT

dos didnt do any of the shotty work on this car, his mechanic did all the bad work … for example … never did clearance checks on the bearings or cylinder walls

it all leads back to the first test drive, and the cheap / sleazy repairs that were made

lotta finger pointing going on in this thread…

yes there is… and i did not intend for it, to go that way.

because people dont get the fact that it wasnt a bad turbo, or a bad oil pump … and neither of those items were the problem

Then why not go after his mechanic to cover some of the costs to get it up and running, if this is the case? If this was my car and someone did shotty work to cause me more mechanical problems. I sure as hell would go after them.

And don’t take this a a flame. I just want to know why you dont hold the mechanic liable for the damages he has caused. And by the way who is the mechanic? With doing shit like that he should be dragged out in the open.

For future reference: it’s estimated that torsional vibrations on a crankshaft while idling are 2-3 times worse than while at redline (in gear/under load).

:shrug: Not that this should happen within 10-15 minutes of idling in any car, but just because it was idling doesn’t mean there was less stress on the engine. :wink: