My Turbo Nightmare

because theres 2 very different sides to this story going on… and he knows if he brings out a name that shit is gonna hit the fan more than it already has. dos i dunno why you even posted this thread, because you KNOW its only gonna cause drama. so far its atleast remained civil, but i’m telling you right now that once it goes beyond that point, this is getting locked.

this was never meant for it to come out that way at all… i was looking for suggestions on what todo . I dont know wher epeople are getting this idea from… It broke due to my fault and no one else’s… so i dont know what the issue is. i cant control what other people say.

ok everyone you heard it straight from dos himself.

SO STOP TRYING TO SAY SO AND SO DID THIS, AND SO AND SO DID THAT

on topic from this point on please

If you really want peoples opinions, Ill give you mine

Say fuck it. Sell it all. Car included. All gone. Work off all your debt. I know for a fact that $9k did not come out of pocket.

Do you have any kind of plan for the next 10 years of your life? Because they are crucial. Do you have an education? Do you have a career job? If you answer no to any of these questions, you have no business dropping that amount of money into a car.

I drive a 95 Blazer. I could easily go out tommorow and finance my way into almost anything I want. But thats the totally stupid thing to do.

I have realized that there is a massive difference between making money and building money. Im beginning to build my money through investments, rather than throwing my money in the garbage over some dumbass car.

At our age, we need to begin to establish a critical mass of money, something that will continue to grow as we age. I will retire at 45. Im working very hard to achieve that goal. It does require sacrifices though. Not spending +$30k total on a car is one of them. I learned this the hard way, and hopefully so will you. I was fortunate enough to keep myself 100% out of debt though…

Bottom line is you need to be in a position where you can let your money work for you…

The following advice is based on 2 conclusions that I have gathered from this and other threads, those conclusions being:

1. The car is financed.
  2. Some (maybe a significant portion) of the 10k you already have sunk into the build is financed.

The problem with spending more money to “do it right and be done” is that you could very easily spend another 3k and have it blow up again and be right back here, only 3k deeper. History tends to repeat itself…

If my conclusions are at all true and keeping in mind my little tidbit of gasp logic above, then you need to sell everything and get the fuck out of this situation, dig yourself out of your hole, and try again someday when your life is in the right place and you can afford it.

True story.

What has broke on the car, that you haven’t fucked with? You’ve torn it to pieces on end. I just don’t get it. The car was so new,nice and stock. And as far as doing it yourself…do you have the necessary tools, knowledge, space, and time to do it? I’m going to guess no. Ambition and reality are 2 very different things, that too many people on this forum fail to acknowledge.

I would sell it all, then step back into reality, get a couple hundred dollar car, and try to pick up on my losses. All the while, learning more about why it takes a lot of time/money/knowledge to build a car right.

All the best with it. Honestly.

Return the car to stock and sell it. Buy an EVO and problems solved

If you paid cash for that shit… thats one thing. Cash is easier to replace and debt.

If you took out loans for your car, and the mods, bad move.

Maybe I’m too grown up @ 22, but I’ve come to realize that just because you can pay for something, doesn’t mean you can afford it.

You said you were materialistic? That is a trend very easily broken. But you don’t care to. You drove that red thing for a while (lol) and that was not a very materialistic belonging. Just bustin your nutts on that one but it is true. It isn’t like you have a reputation to uphold as the CIO of a company and you have to impress clients with your phat whip…

It’s very apparent from YOUR previous posts & threads that You have financed the majority of this project. $10k in “mods” plus the cost(s) of the car itself? Add in another $3-5k in shortblock & labor? Lets guesstimate a round figure of $20k.

What is of more value (from a materialistic POV):
Owning a 100-150k house @ 20 years old?
-or-
Owning a boosted IS300 and living with the parents?

Let’s not even start talking about what that Lexus is going to be worth to You in 3 years, 5 years, 15 years.

In the end, Dos/Adam, You have NOT heeded the good advice mentioned in ANY of Your previous threads. I don’t expect You will change that tune.

all the work was done previously was not done by me, dont know how you missed that.

i AM NOT [size=2]selling the car, i can easily [size=7]AFFORD [size=2]the payments for this car and have alot of money left…

The thing holind me back is what else will [size=7]BREAK [size=2]after i finish it…

I simply want a [size=7]RELIABLE [size=2]car…

[size=5]AGAIN , MONEY IS NOT THE ISSUE HERE, I CAN EASILY AFFORD MY CURRENT PAYMENTS AND STILL HAVE ENOUGH MONEY LEFT TO AFFORD ANOTHER CAR PAYMENT OR EVEN A MORGAGE MONTHLEY. PLEASE MAK SURE YOU GUYS GET THAT [size=7]CLEAR.

[size=1]thank you.
[/size][/size]
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Shit will break. How much depends on how you drive it after turboing it. You won’t be easy on it, we know that.

If you are concerned about having a reliable car, then DO NOT turbo a factory N/A car.

Anytime You “mod” a car, You WILL HAVE TO ACCEPT THE POSSIBILITY OF IT BREAKING AND NOT BEING AS RELIABLE AS STOCK.

Savvy?

if u decide to keep it and finish it all… isnt ur tranny going to grenade itself next? what about ur rear end?

clutch would go b4 that.

Jesus christ im not even gonna get going here Dos you know my position on this and whatever you decide to do ill give you a hand as soon as im back from florida.

You got enough cash, so buy a winterbeater/daily, and fix the car. Otherwise quit your crying.

X…

If you dont mind spending all the money and going further into debt that by all means go for it…it is all up to you, no one else can really make this decision for you.

Rebuild it damn. I’m going to the track tonight with 2 Turbo IS’s and 1 Nitrous’d IS that have been running with no problems for 2 years. Man up and chalk this motor up to a loss and start fresh. Double and triple check everything you do to the car including bearing clearances, oil pressure, fuel pressure EVERYTHING. Tune the car properly and i’m sure you’ll be happy with the car.

YOU LIVE WITH YOUR PARENTS!!!

Way to burn a good start at a down payment.

How upside down are you on the vehicle?

If you have to make payments you cannot afford a turbo IS300. That’s absolutely retarded. Everyone here is trying to tell you that, but you’ve obviously already made up your mind and only made this thread to get someone to reassure you that it’s OK. This leaves you with two options:

1. Grow a brain and don’t do it.
  2. Grow some balls and do it without other people’s approval.