My (used) new 04 REX...finally

I recently bought a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX and was wondeing if anyone had any ideas on what i should do to her. It already came with the hard pipes FMIC, SSQ BOV, and Tein Lowering Springs and I bought 22MM front and rear sway bars, Endlinks, Greddy TT, and cross drilled/slotted rotors w/cermanic pads. after i get paid im going do the oil change with Royal Purple XPR and get the 3 in uppipe and downpipe. any other inputs??? Thanks in advance…

Get a fire extinguisher and put it in the car. We dont need another Failvis carbequed Subaru.

Get rid of the bov and don’t use royal purple in the car.

why wouldn’t you use royal purple?

It depends on what weight he’s using but there’s a going trend of spun bearings in Subaru’s using 10w-30 Royal Purple or Mobil 1.

Rotella-T 5W40 FTMFW !!!

replace the radiator, its going to blow.

and save up for headgaskets

Oh and you really don’t need a 3 inch uppipe. I didn’t even know they made them that big.

there’s your problem right there

delete the AWD convert to RWD. drift car untill you twist the frame, rebuild, crash, rebuild , repeat.

Soo many hating out there but thats cool to each there own… and i was thinking about going with the 50/50 BOV. but if i took out the BOV would i replace the hard pipe with a soild hard pipe???

and thank you for the advice from the people that has been there :slight_smile:

[quote=Code Blue;391789]Rotella-T 5W40 FTMFW !!!

the rotell-t you are talkin about is in the blue bottle, the diesel one right??

yessir.

pm flutyr525, he knows his subie stuff

royal purple in general is junk

I’ve read probably 6 hours worth of informative posts on oil.I’ve never hear anything bad about the Rotella-T. Plus, it’s relatively cheap and can be bought at walmart, so that adds 24 hour availability !!

you might want to consider just a simple STI up-pipe, it’s a huge improvement over the wrx one, and you lose the cat.

you should really look into tuning after you get those mods finished, because your going to need it.

To that one guy that told me about the Rotella… it works amazing and i am glad i changed the oil with that. I was going buy an after market up pipe because it was easier to get my hands on, and i will still lose the cat. and I most certainly am going get the reflash done after I put on the new up pipe, down pipe, and exhaust. thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

I am familiar as far as the head gaskets going :(. but as far as the radiator what would u replace it with, pretty much as long as it is not the OEM one?

I replaced my plastic crapped endtank oem with a GMS (gimmick motorsport) unit, theres a vendor I got it from that gave me an AWESOME deal on it, through NASIOC. it bolts in, fits awesome, so I can’t complain.