My winter build... VW content inside :eek:

[quote=“EvilJay,post:58,topic:29598"”]

^^ just here to ask why you didn’t hit her.

[/quote]

$80 and a ten deep hoodie. that’s why bitch.

sweet guys how about you take it to pm’s ? :bloated:

New head is on, headgasket kit, timing belt kit and a few odds n ends tied up. Started her up, the timing is off a hair im thinking, ill have someone check it out for me. Go to start it a second time, and the starter shot sparks at me and said no-no, so i have to swap starters out and hopefully be pretty good to go. We will see

Randomness

bad grounds?!?!?! http://smiliesftw.com/x/hsughnoes.gif

Keep working here Shrives…I want to see this done!

Well i took a break from this for a while, actually almost got rid of it, but i came back to my senses and decided to keep it around… Still have a few small things to do, but its runnin pretty good right now. I drove it around my neighborhood back in January for a few days… The timing needs to be dialed in a little better i noticed, that’ll get addressed when i switched fuel/manifold setups. Im most likely going to finish the rest of this after the symester ends (7 classes @ 22 cred hrs is kicking my ass) but its not much work so im not worried about it :slight_smile:

One major problem i had was when i got it driveable, we quickly realized the tranny i had was an 8v, not 16v. Clutch disk and spline of the tranny was 10mm difference, so out that came and in went a new sachs 8v clutch, 16v pp and a resurfaced flywheel.

First off, im ditching the jetta gli CIS setup and switching to a scirocco CIS.
Reasons- Much cleaner setup, my TB is toast on current, and the setup im buyin is literally brand new everything. It puts the intake/fuel dizzy behind the battery side, where it originally was for the old 8v setup and it’ll look 100% better imho.

Pic for reference

Current :

New :

Other things i have to do is dial in the suspension. Im currently have sportmaxx coilovers, which aren’t h&r quality, but they are fully adjustable and they gave me the ride height i was looking for so i went with them. Once i get my new wheel setup ill have to dial them accordingly.

Speaking of which, im also getting 13" one piece bmw bbs wheels from the same guy im buying the scirocco setup from. All i have to do is find good 13" tires, which im clueless where to look. Input appreciated :slight_smile:

Pic for reference:

That’s pretty much all i plan on doing for this summer. I still need to pickup a new speedo cable and tuck some of the wiring, but im not too concerned that’ll be a last minute thing. I mounted/wired my hella airhorns and all my temperature gauges last weekend, volt/oil pressure/coolant etc etc too. After that ill most likely replace all the taillight bulbs and find a new rear bench seat to throw in and call it a summer. It’ll be right where i want the car as far as performance and driveability…

Good stuff.

:tup: on the decision to keep her.

Thanks bud.

Keep your mkIV stock so i can run her :wink:

lol, Should be stock for some time. Possibilities of cam and GIAC at the end of summer if I feel like putting some money towards it. :slight_smile:

neato.

I had a 89 jetta gl, with the 8v and the previous owner had put the full recaro gli interior in it.

Fun little car.

very nice. we should hangout every day it’s nice in the summer and i’ll drive you around in it. assuming it is done by then. <3

looks awesome shrives.

wait wait wait… i thought you knew where the passanger seat was…

zing!

<3

thanks buddy. Hows the service treatin ya?