My winter build... VW content inside :eek:

Shrives, bring this to the GPT!

because that worked out so well last time.

LOL

How 'bout some air with your fuel :smiley:

Wheels look great on that car.

:tup: to us having the same jack stands :tspry:

because anything you’ve done worked out well :bloated: :smiley: <3

Hopefully wrapping 99% of this up today.

Dotterweich is comin over to help align the car and set the toe/camber

buttoning up the wiring and suspension, most likely putting the corrado steelies back on

Align the shift linkage

All that will be left is wiring in the ecu harness

Ill post more pictures later tonight :slight_smile:

Amazing build can never have too much boxy hotness. :tup:

Looking very good. :tup: :tup:

Well there’s good and bad news

Good news:

My good friend steve from Autohaus came over last night and made a factory like harness for my ECU. It was amazing watching him work, using factory harness wires and factory fuse/relay boxes. We finished the harness and buttoned up all the loose ends in about 3.5 hours.

Bad news:

Put in the fluids, fired her up. After two seconds the timing belt snapped off. Mind you it was a brand new belt. What we found out was that there something that fell down into the lower belt cover area that was trapped in between two of the pulleys and it cut the belt immediately. Steve doesn’t believe that the valves are bent but there is no way to tell for sure if they are until we do a compression test obv.

I’m going to order up a new timing belt/tensioner and head gasket kit. IF the valves are bent, i have a spare head in my spare bedroom that is MINT, so im not worried about it too much, just have some more work ahead of me.

Im going to take care of the lower timing belt cover area and this will give me a chance to take care of everything in the engine bay area that i don’t like right now, take care of all the half-assed things. Do it all right. Then we will do a compression test, and if the valves are done, ill swap on the other head i have. Mind you swapping heads on a 2.0 16v takes like 2 hours lol so its not a big deal

It was nice hearing it fire though, and the hard part is done and over with. Steve is awesome and does amazing work, i really can’t express enough how good he is with his wiring. I deff learned a TON.

I will be taking some pictures when i head back over to my parents house later of the progress and the setbacks. Ill be ordering all my parts today so next weekend i can tackle this part.

Stay tuned! :headbang:

ALSO

My buddy dotterweich and I last weekend set the suspension and alignment. Since i swapped a manual steering rack, we had to set the toe, camber, and center the wheel from scratch. I raised the coilovers while he did all this. Ride hight is a tad higher that perfect, and figure once it settles it will be perfect. Camber and toe is as spot on as it will get for doing it by eye and will allow me to break in the suspension and then i will get it aligned professionally after that.

<3 my friends and their awesome knowledge on old volkswagens <3

dude the car looks dope with the blacked out snowflakes from my rabbit on it. :snky: keep it like that. p.s. ill call you tomorrow to work on my shit rabbit with me…

:bloated:

i dunno, i might be powdercoating a spare set of steelies i have laying around. Im thinking something stupid weird like teal :bloated:

And truth on tomarrow, ill be workin on the 89 ninja, afterwords im game

Shrives, wtf, you pulled a Haenszel!

haha i didnt even know he pulled that too.

It’s funny, i used to get fired up and upset about cars in the past, like to where it was a problem, and after i started it up last night and the belt snapped i laughed lol.

shit happens i guess.

Did you punch rachel? Thats what I would have done if a belt snapped. Punch that bitch right in the nose :stuck_out_tongue:

<3

^^i’m just here to agree with jay.

lol at you not punching me in the face when your alternator belt broke. i really thought you were going too though.

silly volkswagens.

^^ just here to ask why you didn’t hit her.

Why would he? Those cars are super ugly, but I’d still rock one.

Good work :tup:

Truth and thanks

I guess i just have a soft side for mkI’s or any vw from the 80s. Im not building it to be fast or stupid low or anything really, im building it to just enjoy on the weekends and go to a few shows this summer (h2o and waterfest)

Forgot to take pictures of carnage/progress, ill snap a few tomarrow :bloated: