Mysterious Shake-Need a little help

Thanks. I / we and anyone I’ve talked to about this has no definitive answer for the problem. It makes sense to me…in theory at least.

Is this something that is common on big off road tires/wheels? if so can you try like jim deans or somebody like that?

Or maybe call one of these hunter reps and see if they can point you to someone local http://www.hunter.com/company/Findrep1.cfm?country=USA&zipcode=14221&remLoc=on

“Beefier” tires have this issue. Not sure if Deans invested in the adapter or just do the best they can. We considered them as an option as well. I may call the Dunn location that did the road force to see if they have one and try it again with the adapter. These aren’t really “mudder” sized tires in my opinion.

when i worked at basil toyota we had one we used it for the big trucks that went through the shop

I would still bet that hub centric rings would resolve the issue. Would make sense that the same center point for balance should also be the same center point to for mounting, right? A few sites out there will make rings to your spec, Google it. I have played the game with customers before, albeit on a totally different animal, but hub rings were always a resolution.

I searched quite awhile and couldn’t find exact match rings. I got within 2mm so the set I have would have to be machined down the right OD to fit. But, if we’re right about the center hub bore being off, rings aren’t going to change anything. I’d be willing to give it a whirl if I could get the rings cut down.

Took my truck in to my mechanic a couple few days ago for a short list of stuff I needed done. Figured I’d have him install the other aftermarket upper control arm I never got around to in the fall. Guess what?

oh and just because i finally got around to getting back on the forum, we have the lug centric balancing set up where i work, not road force but still just so you know for the future.

Thanks man. I’d like to think it’s solved but I’m going to give it some time to see if I’m right. If not, I’ll be back for sure.