Mythbusters: 4 Way Stop Vs Roundabout

:pop:pop:pop

[ame=“www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvoFjirrgYA”]4 Way Stop Vs Roundabout - Mythbusters - YouTube[/ame]

I think the majority of drivers around here are to dumb to grasp the concept of a round about.

This. Round abouts are only efficient if people keep moving. Get in get out. If one jack wagon stops and watches cars go by from two entrances over instead of merging himself in it fucks everything up.

They are also much nicer than stop signs because you don’t have the issue of people waiting to let others go, not knowing who goes next, etc. Just make a right onto the roundabout when you have room. Make another right when you get to your street.

And when they are empty, you barely have to slow down at all (if you’re being obnoxious, you don’t slow down and just chuck the car through it at 35mph.

On another note, I’d wager that roundabouts are better for fuel efficiency as well, since most of the time you don’t come to a complete stop and have to accelerate back up to speed, but instead just slow down until you have an opening. If I remember correctly, fuel economy was a big part of the reason for the 55mph speed limits.

in bold: which is exactly why they suck around here at times when they are needed the most to maintain efficiency. The people who cant figure out coming to a complete stop waiting your turn and moving ahead as the sole moving vehicle at that moment, sure as hell cant handle the “stress” of 30 cars moving around them in a circle! Not to mention up here 9-10 drivers are inconsiderate douchebags and wouldn’t give you an inch to get in… so forget working together like a rotary has to.

and yes, no traffic on them I love them I don’t back off and clip the apex like a racecar, or on the supermoto I would just go straight and try to jump it. lool

Have witnessed Johawk, with a drunk McFlurry in the back seat, do this :rofl

my truck hangs on for dear life on the ones in malta. no fucking around when there’s other cars on it though. the brakes on my heap kinda sorta suck nuts.

I love round abouts. I used to sit in the line of traffic coming off 890 just after the 25 tolls on Curry road to turn left on Carman for 10-15 min during rush hour. Now it’s maybe 3-5 min on a bad day and the line continuously moves. I feel like driving fuller from central to western or vice versa is quicker now with all the circles too.

also a big fan of round abouts. when I lived in malta it was great, never had to stop at a light

The circles in Malta are crazy. There’s like 6 in a row at one point near exit 12 I believe. As long as there’s no idiot in front of you you definitely make it through there way faster than before the circles.

In Malta, at least, we have an influx of foreign drivers who have NEVER DRIVEN let alone dealt with the concept of a roundabout.

Definitely depends on the intelligence of the drivers in the circle, I came off Washington ave into the new circle on fuller and some idiot was going the wrong way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

How? How the hell do you even do that?

Oh please that’s nothing lol

have you seen how many times that gardrail has been mangled by people coming towards Albany and swerving last second because they’re about to miss the ”exit" to the circle? I’ve seen that replaced at least 5 times since they opened that circle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2