NA KA24E SETUP

uh huh

The LS v8s are superior imho… ford dohc v8s are *#@ huge… and heavier… and less displacement and need a blower to make up for it too :stuck_out_tongue: They do sound absolutely amazing though.

Just how “humble” is your opinion?

Ford 5.0 v8’s are a lot cheaper. End of story. What makes more power for the least amount of money? What’s making more power at the drag strip? A 91 mustang or a 91 camaro? A 302 with heads and exhaust makes more jam than a 350 with exhaust and heads. Ford have proven thmeslves over and over again. I’m not saying chevy’s are shit. I’m saying I prefer fords. Also, the sound of a car is half the enjoyment isn’t it?

A full motor swap from a 5.0 costs 1000. How much is an ls?

Sure, a vette motor is awesome, its also a lot more awesome money too.

I dunno, I’m okay with 350whp and 450 ft lbs plus. With the turbo, I’m thinking too much jam.

Funny… I seem to recall you wanting to swap a Ford V8 into a 240 until someone on FA told you it wouldn’t fit 'cause it’s too wide.

You were rambling on about the superiority of DOHC over pushrods, in your usual long-winded obnoxious fashion.

But hey, you know everything right?

it’s not ranting or superior when he says"in my humble opinion" as a precursor. :smiley:

Haha, Ahmed described his opinion as humble. I should market my pee, it’s quite delicious.

I don’t want to fuck shit up in this thread but look what I found over on KA-T.org:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/yopoi/240sx/Torque_HP.png

Basic T28BB setup running only 10psi. I would love this sort of powerband for daily driver and occasional tracking. The KA’s in stock form don’t have much torque of course…unless you compare them to other inline 4’s. They deliver much earlier, resulting in less peak power.

I’m not going to be a “knowitall”, but in my opinion, this setup would be really nice and practical. It can be done on stock internals with no problem, you just need to tune properly. Even a ROM tune is sufficient.

Not to bash on anybody, but a well respected shop quoted me 4500 for a basic redtop swap…with just a megan downpipe as an extra. Way too overpriced. Once I get my stock 170whp 15+ year old japanese motor with a SMIC, I have to get a new turbo, FMIC kit, a new tune, larger injectors…so much money to get to 300whp (which is too much power for me anyways lol).

It’s all preference in the end, but from the perspective of having a shop do the work professionally each time, the SR doesn’t seem worth it to me.

^ Did you see Dan’s graph? It looks almost identical with a stock SR, T28 bolton.

The KA-T is an awesome option, no arguing that. But most people try to boost 250,000Km motors too far, and pop them. Well no shit… Plus there’s the age old argument of a non-boosted motor can’t handle boost forever, but I’ve seen lots of proof otherwise…

At the end of the day, you can make any motor make power, it’s a matter of how much you wanna spend and what kinda noise you want out the tailpipe.

I give up on this thread for good now.

We saved it once.

Crossed the line with the Ford comments :stuck_out_tongue:

lol DJPyro, a quick search on freshalloy for a_ahmed and ford comes up with this:

http://www.freshalloy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192600&highlight=ford

Solarian go drink your own piss bud.

http://www.codyace.com/albums/album122/50vs54.sized.jpg

The above 5.0 being fitted in the 240 sounds badass as this:

All I know is, I’m getting way too pumped. I’m now making sept 12th as my goal to rip on the FC. Gonna go do some serious effin work man.

I’d really like it to be on the road by the 9th so I can swing by pur auto for a baseline NA run, then go see what the difference with the GNX turbo setup and cam is.

the heads on those ford 4cam motors are fucking huge. yeah the block is wide but the heads have there own weather system.

peace

That 5.0L S13 sounds pretty badass… But, I’ll still stick with my lil push rods, lol

5.0 ford motors are horrible.

Mad oiling issues. Also, even though its iron block, it can’t take a lot of power.

Basically, all it has going for it is cheapness. It doesn’t have much power, and will blow up when you track it.

Are you asking for someone to research and build up your motor for you?

WTF are you smoking dude? Seriously.

A 302 can’t take much power? Dude. Wow…jsut wow.

Do you actually know anything about Mustangs? Or are you basing this on some dude that blew his shit up?

You’ve been to the strip many times, how many fox bodies are there out there KILLING IT??

I’ve owned two Fox body Mustangs and I beat the shit out of those things with no issue. I used to run at the street races with all the J&P guys before the split and I’d really like to know how you make a claim saying 302 or variations of the the motor are “shit.” How are you even insuation that they can’t take power??? I believe that Joe Silva held the record for quite some time with a 302 block. His Pro 5.0 car is the reiging King and has been for how many years? Ask him if they are “shit.”

Dude, I’m really at a loss to respond to that post.

Sure. big LS’s make big jam, they’re also big money. The 302 can play catch up with a little massaging.

Do you actually know anything about Mustangs?

Lol, I’m not sure who you’re asking.

While I’m not a Ford fan AT ALL, I can’t sit here and say they’re crap motors.

You’re always gonna have people who don’t really have a clue as to what they are talking about.

It only makes sense to mix Mazda and Ford. Ford owns Mazda, lol.

Ronnie I look forward to seeing this FC 5L build. even though it’s blasphemy!!! lol

That’s quite the size difference though.
Oh well. Each will have their pros and cons.