NA KA24E SETUP

Hey i was wondering if anyone would be able to compile a list of parts or websites for a KA24E NA setup.

?

whats with the ? hahaha

What do you mean by NA KA24E setup? Like what components make up the complete motor or what? You want all the part numbers to water pump, etc?

it will be a build up hope for around 250 to 300 horse so like high flow cams lifters stroked crank things of that nature

Not worth the money, you’d be spending way too much money. More than $5000.

As nice as it’d be…it’s probably not a good idea. If it was, I’m sure lots of people would’ve done it. Anyways, I don’t think there are any KA24E’s with 250 - 300hp. 200hp is probably attainable but it will still cost you more than $5000 I assume.

You’re better off just getting an SR20DET, RB20DET, or RB25DET.

With an SR20 and RB20, you’d be spend $3 - $4k after everything. A little bit more if it’s an RB25.

Read. Lots.

And if you are serious about it, check out Fresh Alloy. There’s a member on there who goes by the username Greaser_. He has a KA24DE N/A that is over 250whp. But it is not street legal, or even close to stock.

Also, check out some forums for the older Datsuns. They used to build the KA-E up pretty wild for the race cars as well.

this is true but i still need the car as my dd i would love an sr but i dont have the time to do a swap. if anyone could find me an sr or even a ca for cheap that would be great

thanks man

You’d spend much more time building the motor anyways. The swap in total can take you anywhere from 6 - 10 hours COMPLETE.

And it’s a direct drop in, you just have to modify the wiring harness and create a rig to route your heater hoses back. (JDM is on the opposite side)

SR’s are great for a dd, very reliable, and parts are readily available. It’s almost like the B-series for Nissans. TONS of support.

And all of a sudden, if you want “cheap”, you’re better off just staying with a stock ka24e. Either route will require at least $3000. Assuming you can do all the labour yourself.

Interesting Pete… I didn’t know about that…is it the guy with open headers / exhaust coming out the side of his fender?

yea i have pretty much everything i would need

lazy

honestly, i looked into an N/A setup before, but price to power ratio is horrible. even with ITB’s, megasquirt, port/polish, high comp. pistons, you’re still looking at under, or maybe just over, 200 horse. in my opinion, nothing is better than n/a, but the ka24 just isn’t a platform to build great power from unless it’s in a turbo application.

in all honesty, if you want cheap power, and don’t mind doing work yourself, go with either an sr, a ca, or an rb20 (mind you the rb20’s are a lil’ harder to install) you could get away with $4000 for a cheap sr/rb20 set-up, and maybe even as low as 3000 for a ca18 into your car.

just my opinion.

Stay away from RB’s right now. Wait until more parts are readily available and information as well.

i hate to shit on your parade but that car never made 250hp,

the highest he got was 217 on racefuel.

he runs e85 now

Yeah, white hatch, kinda goofy looking wing. The vids are awesome, it’s loud as fuck.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Pungo-Drift-Event-41908---Video-2_158214.htm?ref=fda7713a-51c7-4191-a076-9a850161f26e

David Judah uploaded this video to

Vids of the car I’m talking about.

Sounds nice but I guarantee all the work was’nt worth it…

Look up the old school GT2/GT3 300whp KA monsters… that’ll give you a hint. Won’t be cheap.

I am looking to make about 180-190whp on 94 from my ka and keep at that… it’s been done with the right boltons/ecu tune… I reckon I’m around 140-150 now with no proper ecu tune…

Getting to 200whp on the other hand… greaser is the man, he hit i believe 230whp~ recently… he is also building a (his estimate) 400whp supercharged KA but thats not yet done… check freshalloy…

Lots of naysayers, but… an NA KA although low on power… is nice and torqey and very rev happy its kind of fun. I hope to do some ITBs down the line too haha … ultimately i dont plan to stick with the KA though… just having fun with limited power but concentrating on suspension…