NA KA24E SETUP

An SR swap installed is $3500 at the MOST
An LSx swap is ~$6000 in parts alone to do it properly. (assuming you purchase the mounts and you will need a custom drive shaft as well)

SR swaps are very simple
LSx swaps, not to simple, wiring and what not can be challenging

Replacement SR tranny, $200
Replacement T56(ls1) Tranny, $1500

They both are similar in reliablility.

SR is definatly cheaper for anything under 400whp, over that LSx.

PS. If your waiting for your turbo to spool then…

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/42/running_fall.jpg

Your doing it WRONG!

Ummm, because I have access to tonnes of bikes all the time, but never any access to V8 Turbo FC’s. That’s why.

Post this once it’s done and show us how much it worked out to in the end (including labour if it applies), you don’t need to give us specific prices on parts you paid for.

Otherwise, you’re no better/different than people that have been “collecting” parts for their KA-T “build”.

Best part is they like to tell me: “Yeah, I’ll be spending less and making more power and more torque!”

Months go by and they sell their shit to the next kid, and the cycle continues.

I can guarantee ALL of you I can throw a SBC in a 240 for UNDER 3000k. If not less.

Making more than 350hp.

Then again, I have hook ups like a mofo for Chevy shit. Then of course, I run a shop with my dad. Everything I need.

There is no replacement for displacement.

Boost the fuck outta your SR, KA, VG, VH, VQ, RB, CA…I dont give a shit. I throw a cam, closed port heads and a nice set of custom hedders…I WIN. If not, aluminum heads. Like (was it ronnie?) said, the motor ain’t even stressin.

You would rarely ever see 4.5v on the tps :wink:

Then again, when/if I do it. LT1 355

Yeah, big fat cam, aluminum ported heads…cawr is running 12’s. With the turbo setup, I’m hioing for low 11’s!

boost on a 5.0? in an FD?

am I right? my memory is…well, fucked.

easy easy low 11’s. mid 10’s I say if she hooks up good. Definetley gonna need rear suspension work!!

It’s an FC. I rock shit old schooooooool.

It’s being setup for circuit, so it wont hook very well. :slight_smile:

Chris…

:picard2:

Then why did you go RB20??

I paid much less than half for my RB.
I already have two gas guzzlers.

The RB made sense.

Don’t face palm me bitch! lol

I’m ashamed…I’ve been face palmed :frowning:

That’s gonna be fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!

Ford and Mazda…they work very well. For obvious reasons.

GM and everything else :wink:

Sell 240 with RB20…start a new project with 240 and a v8 in it. :smiley:

Believe me, I’m considering it.

In due time.

Yeah, I’m so fucking stoked. I found a shop with some HKS coils. Hopefully I can snag em for cheap. Right now its fully driveable NA. I was hoping to have it turbo before I unleash her but I may just say fuck it and throw some coils on and drive the bitch before I do the interior and wiring for cluster etc.

Right now, its a stock ugly chassis. Its clean but its the nast gold colour with a burgundy interior, with nasty wheels and tiny brakes. Stock GXL rear end too. I was hoping to do the chassis up and interior but fugggggit.

Throw some wheels and coils then go play.

I just wish it was any other colour other can gold/burgundy.

Godddamn I’m pumped. I have a feeling that once I start driving it, I may leave my s13 stock. We’ll see though. I still have a huge hard on to do the rb25. The boys at union are gonna hook that shit up as well!!!

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs170.snc1/6382_122939011838_510411838_2224814_3827115_n.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, some wheels and paint. Hotness.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs170.snc1/6382_122939116838_510411838_2224815_7245881_n.jpg

ahhh shit

think that rear end will hold up to all that torque? lol

Yeah, it’ll hold up. The turbo II ones are a lot stronger though.

The stock gxl rear end is okay, not the greatest though. It’ll last. I’m gonna source a TII one though asap for the LSD in it. Its a lot better. Viscous, but better than s chassis viscous.

If I decide that I wanna spend big money and time on the thing, then I’ll look for a dana rear end from a vette to throw in. I want to keep as a irs. Lots of guys use the ford 9" but I like irs. Circuit not drag!

Definetley keep the IRS. 9" like you said, good for drag.

Circuit…on good coils with AMAZING rubber…my GAWD that shit’ll be haaaaaawwwwwttttt!!!

I fucking hate Mazda’s and Ford’s, BUT my dick did jump a little at that picture. Just picturing turbo on that bitch. Tune her right…man oh man.

Shot gun!!!

SBC… weren’t we talking about LSx motors?

LSx may be a SBC but… not all SBC’s are created equal. :slight_smile: