NASA finds evidence of Alien Life

http://news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltrends/nasascientistfindsevidenceofalienlife

Pretty cool, so far his findings have been undisputed and he has allowed the evidence to be presented to every skeptical scientist that wants to review it.

Granted, they are micro life forms, it still is exciting news being that these guys are the base foundation for more advanced life forms.

YouTube Dr. Michio kaku and watch his videos.

yeah he is a nutbag “physicist” that makes ridiculous claims just to get famous

FYI this is a pretty Fn major discovery.

Yeah… alright. Shut the fuck up about poor people guiz. Who cares.

Like Vlad said, this is a HUGE discovery. People thought water on mars was a big deal? That doesn’t have SHIT on this. As soon as I saw this I promptly sent it to my superreligious girlfriend, since we argue about it a lot. It probably will be big argument.

Worth it.

Start arguments with people over this shit. Where’s ilya? :rofl

I think this is fascinating. You people can laugh at me being religious all you want, but I’m not a religious nut (like the Phelps family). I choose to believe. If you don’t, more power to you. We’ll find out in the end who was right, won’t we? If you laugh at me, say I’m wrong, or anything else…no skin off my back.

I’m actually a huge fan of sci-fi movies. It’s very interesting to me.

I’m just busting your balls dude lol. My girlfriend on the otherhand says it is impossible and that we are the only life in the entire universe. I explained to her once how big the universe actually is and it kind of blew her away lol, it’s not something she’s ever been taught.

I love that this happened though. With how much talk there was of possible life on titan, fossils on mars, etc, I love that some one found evidence of it in our own backyard.

Honestly… I think it was a given that there was life out there. With the size of space, infinity, how could we not think that somewhere in the deep abyss there isnt someeeething out there thats alive.

This is really cool. It may seem so minor to only find micro organisms, but how do you think life started here?

Ilya, I completely agree with you. I think its quite ignorant to think we are the only living things in this universe. I don’t really think theres little green men, or big headed beaty eyed creatures that abduct people, but possibly other lifeforms just like us, civilizations that could be at a different stage than us. A far more advanced human population on one side of the universe, maybe another civilization thats far less advanced on the other side. Possibly planets inhabited by indigenous creatures like when the dinosaurs roamed. There could be little green men too, who knows.

There could be…ANDROIDS! :excited

lol. Yeah, this stuff fascinates me. I also agree that space is so vast I would not be surprised if there was life.

Christians believe in creationism. We believe that God created EVERYTHING. Well, I don’t see why God would create hundreds of galaxies, thousands of planets, etc. and only give life to one. In that case, why not make the stars for beauty, the sun for warmth, and the moon to control the tides/gravity? Why make Mars, Jupiter, Venus, etc.?

There is no answer and I doubt they’ll find it in our lifetime, but it’s still fascinating and I don’t see why Christians are so anti-knowledge. Not all science is ‘bad’.

A lot of it is tradition, if you really think about it. They believe (and don’t alter) the way they do because that’s how it’s been for the longest time. I can understand that in one way but on the other hand it only leads to trouble because when people in a congregation start going different ways (some more modern than others) it results in arguments and congregations splitting, etc.

Know this: Having a faith is about your relationship with God, not your relationship with the church. Many people, especially elders, ignore that and make it about the church and it’s theories, politics, traditions, etc.

Sorry…/mini-religious rant

The problem any religion has with finding other life, discovering evolution, the big bang theory etc is that it makes the bible loose credibility. Not some much with Christians but the die hard catholics. Bible is there code, written from the words of the almighty himself. Anything that goes against that is pure evil.

The bible was pieced together from journals and storys of those who knew jesus, then the big guys all sat down and decided what they wanted to include in the bible and leave out. Much like a government you really think they would put anything in the bible that would make people question them?

What happened to half the posts in here?

All the ignorant welfare posts were moved to the random thoughts thread

:rofl

Haha im glad this thread was cleaned up because this is a major event.

I did expect it though, this is Shift, where you can start a thread about the discovery of alien life and have the discussion turn into a debate over domestic policy regarding welfare programs within the first 10 posts. lmao

Also it is almost a moot point to argue against most religions in this case because almost all religions are open to interpretation. Therefore, somewhere in one of the many books, will be a passage that can be interpreted to mean we don’t have to be the only ones out there.

wat :rofl
Ilya, google “Christianity” and “Creationism” when you get a chance, you’re in for a surprise. :lol

youtu.be/mMEaooY3B68

I think you’re thinking about a different type of creationism if there even is such a thing.

There is basically two sides to the evolution discussion. Creationist point of view and Evolutionist point of view. That is what ‘creationism’ I am referring too.

Christians, most of them anyway, believe that everything was created as we see it currently today. Meaning, humans didn’t come from monkeys, etc. Things didn’t crawl out from the sea and grow legs and become strictly land animals, etc.

Evolutionists believe otherwise.

I would actually say I’m more 95% ‘creationist’ and 5% ‘evolutionist’. The body DOES evolve if you don’t use something long enough or use it too much, etc. But I don’t agree that we came from Monkeys, etc.

Not sure what you’re referring to, but I helped edit a paper on Creationism vs Evolution so I know a thing or two about the whole shebang. The title of the thesis was “The Phenomenon of our Existence” and I can post it or link it if you’d like to read it. It’s one of those argument papers you gotta do it in college. It’s obviously pro creationism and attempts to disprove evolution and big bang theory.

Regardless, this is an interesting finding and we’ll see what comes of it.

Pretty much. Like I said, a lot of it is tradition and such. I’ve seen it in EVERY church (Russian, Ukrainian, American, etc.) that I’ve ever been to and I’ve been to a LOT of different ones.

We 100% came from monkeys. I posted a link around the time when the forum was created that showed the scientific evidence and the ‘missing link’ was found.

I think the missing link goes to my gym.