NECC Race Car

Matt - I have a 6 HP compressor with a 25 Gallon tank, airflow is not an issue. :smiley:

We need to find out the details of the front end damage done to the car and required fixes - remember guys, the goal is to keep this thing streetable initially, since no one really has means to move it on a trailer.

As for the Calgary guys - everyone that donates something towards the carā€™s completion will be able to drive it yes. During the winter, when Iā€™m not working, Iā€™ll have plenty of time to come down there with the car and let you guys beat on it for awhile. :smiley:

My dad has a friggin huge air compressor. 15 horse power and 40 gallon tank?

What is chalkboard paint? The car is already flat black, and we can get flat black paint for cheap here at the shop.

Jeff

I think the chalkboard paint is a little thicker so you can write on it with chalk and not have it scratch through.

Would Fullblown be interested in potentially sponsoring the car? Not sure what form that would take or how we would return the favor, but thereā€™s interest we can talk further about it. :slight_smile:

Anyway, howā€™s that car looking Dave? Shit man - it was all I could think about at work today. :smiley:

Iā€™ve seen itā€¦ itā€™s rough, but definatly worth the money! I seriously think it is THE perfect car for this community project.

Well the car looks pretty good.

The good:
Itā€™s $500
Hardly any rust on the wheel wells
Strut tower rust is easily fixable
No front end damage, rebar intact
Comes with some spare parts
Engine was rebuilt 60xxx kms ago
No timing chain rattle
Razo shift knob
Exhaust is loud

The bad:
Tranny grinds going into second (Jeff said he would donate a tranny 8))
The bolts that hold the hood on are stripped
The hood has holes for hood pins
The hatch has some spoiler holes
Rust has gone thru below the door (common on S13)
Will need a battery
Runs a bit rich, probably a leaky injector
Exhuast is loud hehe

The good far outweighs the bad for this car, especially considering the $500 price tag. Everyone thank the user HotWheelz for offerering us such a good deal!

I might have a battery I can donateā€¦ Iā€™ll know tommorow.

Iā€™m supposed to sell my transmission to Hot Wheelz. If this is his car that heā€™s selling and he doesnā€™t need it (the transmission) any more I could donate my tranny to the cause. It needs a new clutch though

That would be cool, cause the tranny I have is sitting still in my parts car, but there is no engine and no hood, so itā€™s been exposed to the elements. I have the hood latches on my car too, if someone can get the old ones out of this car.

I dunno what they were talking about for the front end damage then lol. Good for us!

Jeff :drinkers:

I also have a battery sitting in my garage out of my 240 if you need it. I also have a full stock suspension set too.

i have a stock 91-94 bumper i can donate towards the project, i also have alot of crap sitting aroun from past cars that ive had if you need anyhting just ask its just taking up room in my parents garage.

i have nothing that I can donate except for a helping hand.I wish I would of known we were going to do something like this.I could have taken a lot of parts off of my old s13.

Sounds good to me guys - I think we have ourselves a race car. :smiley:

I may be donating a rear sway bar if it doesnt sell soon. I will also have some stock shock and springs to donate and a set of front Tockico blue struts that are in decent shape.

Zweet.

I have that huge Saab intercooler that we could try to get working. I heard that some people have used them in their cars in the past.

I have nothing to say but this is now an OFFICIAL 240 CLUB with a club 240!

Iā€™ll trade a modded hardbody hood for the frigin 240 PASSENGER SEAT!!!

Itā€™s yours Mike - if you can find us a good deal on racing seats. I want to have racing seats and 4 point harnesses for the two front seats, the rear seats (if any) will be axed.

Flavio, weā€™ll take the sway bar if you donā€™t sell it, AND KEEP THAT ENGINE STAND. If you really want rid of it, Iā€™ll buy it, because if we need to do any internal motor work, weā€™ll need the damn thing to do it with.

Hereā€™s how this is going to work - I am the one buying the car, and itā€™ll be registered to me. The interior will be stripped out, and parts either sold/given away - then weā€™ll start stockpiling parts and when we have enough of them we can start doing the turbo system. The goal over the winter is to make the car as absolutely light as possible and installing performance parts that arenā€™t engine dependent, ie. sway bars, coilovers, LED washer nozzles, etc. :smiley:

Can I get the driverā€™s control switch for the passenger side window, and the plastic thing that surrounds the climate controls, audio, and shifter? Iā€™ll pay for them and help with whatever for the car.

I can get new racing seats for cheap as wellā€¦

why dont we try and get someone who is into the importing buisness to bring some seats and other misc parts in? and BTW you guys can have the cone filter if i still have it, i also have access to an engine hoist if needed, and possibly a tire machineā€¦