need a laptop power jack welded in a dell.

My brother has a dell inspiron that needs a new power jack welded in.

I used to go to a place called AQSTECH, but the dude won’t return calls or emails for some reason.

They actually did micro-welding not solder, it was stronger.

He used to get about 100-150 for the service if I recall correctly.

Can someone recommend a RELIABLE service to get one of these things fixed?

I need it done like yesterday.

THANKS.

http://www.wnycomputerpro.com/

Thanks, do you have previous experience with this place?

not personally but a friend of mine got a laptop off eBay and the keyboard was in rough shape. He got the keyboard replaced for $30, I saw the after work and he did a really nice job. You’re lucky if you can get a replacement keyboard by itself for $30.

Thanks for that, I’ll call them tomorrow.

Yeah but replacing a keyboard takes 5 minutes most of the time. Connecting a new jack internally will be a lot more labor.

GL, if it was my computer I’d do it but myself but the risk is to great to try on someone else’s.

soldering isnt hard , if your close id do it for something to do…

http://www.wnycomputerpro.com/dc%20jack%20repair.html

Looks like a fixed repair cost of $110.

I could do it if you wanted to make a trip out to Rochester lol. I would just solder it though. Usually i charge $75 plus tax for something like that.

there was a guy on here i think he worked for geek squad he did some for $50

^^yep, i thought i did a couple for someone on here before. id do it for 50$ plus the cost of the jack…(5$?, and thats assuming the entire jack is fucked)

but, i (we) need to know if the entire jack ripped out/broke off or if its just ‘loose’…because if its ripped out ive seen them destroy the traces before too. still not impossible to fix but it would cost a lil more for trace repair.

Holy crap… I’m doing one for a bottle of Jack.
Makes me wonder what I should charge for replacing a ladies CCFL…

They did it today, and they also fixed the screen hinge for no extra charge.

$110 including a new jack.

I think its a good price for a shop rate, not having a friend or whatever do it.

WNY Computer Pro fixed it? How did it turn out?

Do they sell just parts?

AFAIK it’s one guy who does repairs on pretty much all laptops, of all problems. Not sure if he sells parts, I don’t think so though.

Wow I hope he is better at repairing laptops then designing websites and using proper english

Works fine, they did it in a couple days. I have no idea if they sell parts, it is just a guy out of a house basically.

If you really want the parts you can buy a jack on ebay for basically 10 bucks.