Need a price for some Double Hung Windows, Anyone have a hookup?

I need 4 double hung vinyl windows for my attic. The rough opening is 26 inches wide and 35 1/2 tall. Or if anyone can suggest anything better let me know. Also where are local places that people have had good experiences with? What is the average price for a window that size?

You can get a American Craftsman vinyl replacement window at Depot for around $99-$120 for that size.

Check the pella windows at Lowe’s.

bahh Pella sucks. I am required to say that due to working for the competition.

So, you are a liar. I’d do business with you…:rolljerk:

Christ it was a joke. Besides in all honesty if I was at work, I wouldnt say they suck I would say that they are comparable. But if you check all your ratings American Craftsman/Andersen/Silverline take up I believe 4 out of the top 6 spots with Pella filling in the blanks. When it comes to purely vinyl windows inside and out the 9500 A/C series is the top.

Not really looking for top of the line, looking for average with a good price.

The price difference between the Top (9500) mid (8500) and bottom (1200) is very minimal.

assuming that you have average SIZEs, then just hitup Mr Seconds or something like that :gotme:

Otherwise: Pella @ Lowes; or Anderson brands @ HD.

By no means are those average sizes for old style “Rope and Pulley” DH windows, normaly the frame size ends with 1/2" and the R.O. Sizes are a 1/2" bigger than that. 23-1/2" 27-1/2" 29-1/2" 33-1/2" are what you’ll find in the stores on the shelf for the widths. The 35-1/2" for height shouldn’t be a problem, but to modify a Rough opening to accommodate a cheap vinyl window that will last about 5-10 years is a bad idea.

X…

Should give ya a better idea at what I am working with.

I could probably do one large window couldn’t I?

I would.

Wait, are you plumbing central air up there? If not, are there other windows?

No, I have central air in the house but I would just sweat it out up there or buy a windowless AC unit. There are other windows in the rear.

Kinda hard to tell but they are the same thing as the fronts. Actually I never measured them.

Are you putting up faux walls (Photobucket dosn’t load @ work) that would block the rear windows from the whole space?

If not, just put a bigass AC in the back, one nice window upfront (nicer look from the street IMO).

Summer time up there will be punishment on your guests… lol