Time to replace some windows, Info/knowledge/experience needed

I need 10 replacement, double hung, vinyl windows for my house
i plan on being there for 20+ years.
these are for the second floor bedrooms, nothing fancy needed
ill be installing my self

looking to stay cost efficient but get a decent window

This is what i have quoted so far, all the prices are with in $300/700 from one another

MI windows from Big L’s (1555 series)
PlyGem from B&L wholesale (pro series)
VWD from B&L wholesale (plus 240 )
ThermaStar (pella) Lowes (20 series)
American Craftsman (Anderson) Home Depot (70 series)

i am open to different brands/series. just looking for some help on what to pick.
let me know what you think.

Thanks

@sobo !!

^+1

Don’t buy the Pella Thermastar, get some numbers on the 250 or 350 series vinyl please. 350 may be out of the budget range, but its a very nice vinyl product, 250 is a better bang for your buck, the thermastar is a POS I refuse to sell it anymore.

American craftsman is junk, metal industries has given me the biggest headache of all the windows I’ve ever sold, and I sell the vwd 210 (the next model up) for 299 installed. In fact, I would highly recommend never purchasing windows from homedepot or lowes, period. The premium windows they do offer are extraordinarily priced compared to their wholesale counter parts, and anything below that are poor windows.

You’re going to find you’ll be spending quite a bit of money on quality windows without getting the wholesale discount. At my top end pricing a white vinyl double hung from Sunrise Windows (which I don’t think anyone in the industry will argue it isn’t the top 5 best vinyl replacement you can buy) would only run you $450 installed and trimmed.

Sunrisewindows.com

If I was putting windows into my own home that I was intending on staying in, sunrise would be my first choice.
Second close would be the Simonton 5500
Third would be the Ellison 1800.

If you’re dead set on installing yourself, Feel free to contact me and I’d be happy to work out a product only price for you.

-Alex

I just bought a few of the Pella 250 series from Xander and would highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Alex has stated, please stay away from MI Windows. I have been on the phone with the VP (Stan Sullivan) about 3 for 4 times since Sobo crew has installed the windows. I had about 28 replacement windows installed in my house that range from the first set of having defected glass and the set of window sashes that replaced my original set were warped/bowing out. Even though this was not Clever Construction issue, they have been very supportive during this ordeal (6 months and counting). MI sub contractor (3rd time) should be coming out in the next few weeks to resolve one of my biggest headaches I have gone through in my short lived life.

thanks for all the input guys.

i went and got a quote for pella 250.
im thinking those are the best bang for my buck.