Need Allison A1000,

looking for a place local to rebuild or upgrade. tranny down shifted in to 3ed gear at 60 today on the way hone and is now stuck in 3ed gear. FML

clear the code with the tuner and be easy on it it will last for a while still…

dont need a trans yet!

What he said. Also make sure the tire size is right in the tuner. Mine did that when the tire size was off in the tuner.

I’ll triple that. three HD drivers in here now.

-Adam

check the connector on the transmission. It’s a large one about 2 inch around and it goes into the top of the pan, can’t remember which side. I see issues like this all the time and work from water and crap getting in there, just don’t push the male plug into the valvebody when you reinstall it and get some dielectric grease.

i will take a look and clean it, the truck had deffently been sunk in the mud times. i will recheck the tire size on my buly dog.
seems to shift ok today. yesterday the code would not clear when it was stuck in 3ed.
thanks for the help

you gotta watch the 4-5 shift on the 5spd ally and the 5-6 shift on the 6spds they are tend to slip and once the tcm senses a slip it goes into “limp mode” (stuck in 3rd) trans should be fine once cleared but will limp easier next time dont get on it in the high gears!