Need EBay Help NOW!!!

As many of you probably know, i am teh suk at computers. I did figure out all on my own how to sign up for ebay and buy shit with it, but i now have to sell something on it. A guy is ready to paypal me for my engine, but we both agreed that going through ebay would be safer for both of us since ebay is at least somewhat secure when it comes to purchases.

What i’m asking is for somebody to let me come over, or somebody to come over to my house and for the price of a few beers, maybe i’ll throw in a high five too. show me how to host up an auction and set up my account so i can both sell and buy items now. I also am interested in what percent ebay will take from the purchase.

Its so easy even a caveman could do it.

ill do it for that MAF lol

dude i told you i dont have a MAF lol…the only one i have is the one that was originally on my car, the one that’s on it now…the one i need for it to run :stuck_out_tongue:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/justin9212/caveman.jpg
Now look what you’ve done.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/faxxanadu/geico-cavemen2.jpg

also…does ebay take a cut only based on what you get for the item?..or do they also take a cut out of what you’re getting for shipping…

like, is what they take based on the total transaction or simply on the item itself?

because if it’s on the item itself, i’ll just set it up for $50 for the motor, and $350 for shipping…since the guy agreed to $400 for it.

lol, even my gf can use ebay

get someone on AIM to talk you through it. If your ebay account is set up then its easy. Just click on SELL and follow the instructions.

If you need to set up a account then that may take some time since ebay requires all sorts of verification, blood samples, ect.

If youre driving to deliver it, dont use ebay. They take a good size fee (10%?) and paypal takes a fee too…

why not just get a down payment on paypal and just take the rest later?

i wanted to do it like that…down payment on paypal, then the rest in cash in person. The guy prefers going through ebay though for security reasons, and i dont blame him…i would be the same way…apparently i’m quite the shady character.

damit!!! i knew this was going to happen…

my paypal account is set up through my personal email address. my ebay account is set up through my school address. The reason for that is…when i first tried signing up for ebay, they never sent me a password, and now will not send me a new one. I dont remember my original user name, and can’t cancel the old account i had set up. A result of this was that i wasn’t able to register using my home personal email address for a new account, because ebay tells me that “that email address is already being used by another customer” or some bullshit like that. It’s making me put my school email address for the paypal payment info…and that wont work. wtf…

I think just using paypal is secure enough. Ebay doesnt do shit.

don’t use the ebay system to list items.

Its too expensive.

Use a free service, I like auctiva.com.

They host pictures, and put up a professional template for you for free.

Ebay will charge you a listing fee, and a fee based on what it sells for. It varies greatly so you will have to look at their fees page. Paypal takes a cut of everything, including shipping. Since they are the same company they really fuck you out of a lot of money. I’ve seen people sell a body kit using “buy it now” for one cent, then they charge $350 for shipping.:snky: Ebay hates that, but they usually won’t catch you. I’ve started doing this to a much lesser extent to make up for their constant raising of fees. I sell a lot of stuff outside of Ebay without any problems too.

Ebay and paypal both take around 3.75 so expect about 7% of your sale to go to these

ROFL

Just set up a new PayPal account. And sell the item for $5 and the rest can be shipping.

i’ve never had any money taken from me when people send me money via paypal :gotme: