Need For Speed: Carbon (multiple threads merged)

just picked this up on monday. Finally got a chance to really play it. Its interesting. But the more i play the more i like it. The whole just cruising around picking up random races is kinda cool. The only thing i hate about the game is that stupid time distortion slow down shit. Any time i go to hit the brakes, i also push the joystick in so it turns on all the time. Its annoying as hell. I wish i could just turn it off.

Hmm… looks interesting I might end up picking this up for the Wii once it’s out.

ok i take it back. The drifting is just retarded. There is like no control of it at all.

drifting is easy…keep your foot in it and you swing out… let off and the car cuts in. once you start controlling it with the throttle pressure its easy.

Game was too easy beat the Story Mode in 2 days, challenge in 3.

ok do you need to beat all of the races before you can beat that last guy? I will be in the whole race, then the dude passes me and flies 5miles ahead and there is no way for me to catch him.

Just got it last night, the control works good but it takes a lot of getting used to. My biggest gripe is the menu. Instead of using a “point & shoot” like every other Wii game, they require you to have the Nunchukusthinggy connected as they want you to use 4 to 6 buttons for menu navigation. :bloated:

Otherwise it seems to be a solid game so far. :slight_smile:

I fucking hate the drifting in this game, the physics of the game do not understand momentum

Starting to really get into it now. The drifting is wierd due to the lack of momentum like the prior games, but I’m finding super easy to control with the remote so far in conjunction with above use of the throttle.

Though it’s a bit awkward to hold sideways for a long duration, the longer I’ve used it the more I’m beginning to like this over an analog stick.

I don’t think physics was a major concern when this game was made. :shrug:

when i was in college, we played all of them, got smoked out every day after our drive home and played them all day…

i forget which one it was, but the one with the cops chasing you

ya that one sucked. real bad

every other one was pretty good!

gotta question… i know there are diff packages u can unlock but what does it mean by Unlocking Teir 2 for like The Pro Package?

theres 3 different tiers of cars

so when u unlock tier 1 upgrades, that means u can only use those upgrades on tier 1 cars. take a look at ur cars, and u’ll see that they are also labeled by there “tier”

so the first gen maro i started off with wont be able to get the highest teir charger?

so if i use all teir 3 stuff on another car it will basically PWN> mt teir 1 car

Need 4 speed most wanted.

I just bought it 2 weeks ago, Its okay, Still trying to get some cheats for it

yeah, the tier 1 cars are no match for tier 3 cars.

the game hints before the races say that too.

def. dont expect to beat the game with the first car u pick-up

i went rx-8 -> rx-7 -> lotus elise -> lambo merciallago

i have some others, but i primarily used those, i highly reccomend the elise, and just do every upgrade possible to it and u will get very close to the end with it.

i did the exact same car combo- i beat the game in about 8hours total, short but def good game

anyone playing this on nintendo wiiiii?

i beat it on xbox, then my gf bought it for me for x-mas on wii.

its a whole different experience with a wiimote, highly reccommended