Need help, Locked caliper

Front left caliper locked, I can manually move it with a vice but is a bitch an a half. I sprayed it down realy good with brake cleaner and shit and kept working the caliper with little results. Its pretty slugish. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Is the piston siezed, or is it the slider bracket?

If the piston is siezed, you can do what we used to do at SSBC, air compressor to blow it out. BUT, THIS IS DANGEROUS for obvious reasons. Make sure to put a woden block in between the caliper / piston so it doesn’t come shooting out.

If the slider pins are siezed up, well, its a real bitch to get out. You just have to keep working it with plenty of penetrating oil and use vise grips to work it out.

Its the piston, it is very dificult to move. On my way home from town it siezed and was smoking from the brakes being so hot and shit. had to drive it like a mile like that. I dont have an air compressor but a friend of mine does, ill see if he can bring it out for me to use.

call autozone, and find out the replacement cost on a rebuilt caliper, it may be cheaper than having a more serious problem come from it completly seizing

Sometimes it is just not worth the hassle of trying to free it up, and this comment above is the best option.

werd thats what I was thinking. I dont know how much they are though and I am strapped for cash right now.

year, make, model I wil try and work some magic

loaded calipers > *

they are cheap, i know for my car is 40 + some core charge of 30, but you get core charge money back when you turn your old ones in.

ps. i just changed calipers today, same issue plus mines were making some funny noise b4 it locked.

:word:

Don’t fuck around when it comes to brakes.

Autozone re-builds = $16 ftw :tup:

aw right aw right :slight_smile:

now if I can just get fluid to the god damn fucking cocksucker I’ll be set I am getting hella pissed off. I’m ready to fuck someone up.

excellent the best calipers rebuilt in india, china or some other 3rd world country. Do yourself a favor and go to NAPA or Carquest for a decent american rebuild