Need Help with making a Carbon Fiber piece

i wanna make a c/f tailgate…:shifty

sounds good man. ive already purchased a 50x70 peice of 2x2 twill for myself, next step is to get some vinyl ester and some other supplies. i have a garage that can be used for this purpose. so if any of you guys actually want to try making parts or want to watch or something along the lines, let me know and we can all use the space. not like im going to be charging you guys for this. i want to learn to make and wrap parts. ill help you make yours as well and chalk it off to experience that ill use to make parts for myself. so if anyone is down for a carbon making session, please let me know and we will set this up this summer.

on all the s-series forums im on i have never seen a c/f tailgate and im sure it will be a PITA but shit id probably the first one to do it

i bet! i dont know how to make structurally sound carbon parts, but it’s a tailgate, so i dont expect you to be putting 500 pounds of bricks on it and stuff. it seems like its not going to be a typical work truck. we can most likely make a cf frame or sorts and skin in with CF. this is the reason I wanted to do this for my car as well. nobody really makes stuff i want for my car from cf and i figured i can at least try to make something simple like wrapping some stuff, making molds and making some parts. i figure we start with smaller easier more flat and uniform parts and then just keep stepping it up as we progress. as far as vacuum sealing? i was goin to buy a food saver from wallmart for sealing small parts. i do not plan to purchase the large vacuum industrial machine for making structural parts because its big and really expensive. ill stick to smaller parts that look nice so if they break the car’s safety isnt compromised.

Ok cool. Thanks man!

and adam… da fuck you want this CF piece for anyway? :lol

Jim, Adam can you guys please let me know when youre making this piece? I want to come over there and learn something too.

I’m down for that. there are a few things that I would want to make in carbon…

sounds good, man.
I’d like to get as amny people as possible so we can make use of the time, space and materials in the best way possible, but if only two people show up and we actually end up seriously doing this, i’d be happy as well.

works for me… Just have to try to work around my work schedule…

well, if anyone else wants to get in on this, post your available times and we’ll see if iwe can figure out a day and time when everyone or at least most of us can do this.

Id rather not have 20 people I dont know piddling around my garage. A few people is alright, I cant imagine it taking too terribly long.

Its a piece for the rear bumper, to mount my legit battery shutoff switch on. It will cover the hole and area nicely, and will make it a bit more stable mounting point when riveted to the bumper.

idk about 20, but if we get like 3-6 ppl i think itll be okay. itll be enough room for everyone to stand around the part being made and see well enough. even if two ppl show up and we end up doing stuff and not just bullshitting, id be happy. i want to make some cf bits

Hey are you going to be at the lot around midnight tomorrow?

Me and Jim working on CF more than likely=beer, which in turn=bullshitting :lol

fucking ricer :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Ima RLFP you!!

who do you mean?

hey jim wanna give me a hand tryin to fab up something for my tailgate… idk how well it would work but i rarely put anything in the bed…