need help with salvage title

I just bought a eclipse gsx and it has an out of state salvaged title I need to drop a motor in it but I don’t wanna spend any more money until I know the car will pass the inspection. Does anyone know how long it takes to get an inspection scheduled and will it pass with a 5in crack in the winsheild? Please HELP!!

Where is the crack?

oh god

You will have a pain in the ass with the inspection, the purpose of the inspection is to check for stolen parts, just keep all recipes and I hope your swap is legit because they will check vins

once you have the car all fixed up and ready to get inspected you file with the dmv and its usually a 6 week wait for the $120+ inspection… ITS a pita but since you already have the car go for it

The crack is in the bottom corner of the passenger side. And I have all the recipts for everything I don’t think anything is stolen I just was hopeing to have it on the road this summer but it seems like that’s gonna be tough…

I just went through this. Yes its a pita, i bought my car with a PA salvage title. You have to send Albany $200, the title, proof of insurance, photocopy of your license, and a salvage title from the dmv. Then wait and wait for them to send you back the date and time of your inspection. I called them a couple times to try and speed up the process, all in all it took about 6-7 weeks until they mailed me back the title after the inspection so it could be registered. If your from Buffalo the inspection station is on Dingens St by the 190 exit. Also the car must be towed their. Good Luck :tup:

How long did it take for them to actually do the inspection after you sent in all the paperwork? I called and asked them but there useless. And do you know if the crack that I have on my winsheild will make it fail? Also the car has a bent rod right now thats why I’m in such a rush I want to buy a new motor to put in it but I’m not spending any more money until I know the car has passed the inspection. The people at the place on dingens said that the car needs to run b4 they will inspect it and I’m thinking of taking it there with the bent rod and letting it just be loud as shit because it will move but only short distances.do you think thats is a good idea?

I thought for a regular NYS inspection the windshield can’t be cracked anywhere the wipers would touch.

sherm must be 11" and touching wiper zone. But thats safety insp, not salvage insp

I have no idea what the inspection is like, but I doubt they are going to OK a non-running vehicle.

I thought the main idea of the salvage inspection was to make sure the car was complete and running with out any stolen parts.

DSM’s…