Need inspection help on Fri

bump…
couple leads nothing certain yet

up

I am off work on Fri, would love to get it done!

My parking brake doesn’t work. Everything else is tits, but I need an inspection next month. I’m screwed. lol.

Dumb parking brake requirement.

Hardly anyone checks the parking brake, hell its a cheap fix, its usually just rusted and can be free’d up

Not exactly. Depends on the parking brake system and the car.

true but it can be cheap, plus a parking brake is a good thing to have, especially if you have a standard :biglol:

I used to love when people would try to free up an E-brake cable by soaking it with penetrating oil, especially the plastic lined cables. They would swell and stick worse than ever. I made alot of chickens replacing cables.

:word:

I know I posted in the general section but maybe this will work better

I have a 98 Firebird that is cough “missing” cough some cats and stuff and I need an inspection :snky:

The car does NOT have the SES on and is 100% passable besides the emissions issues

I am off from work on Friday and would love to get it inspected somewhere, I dont mind paying someone a few extra bucks for the help

I am in the Hamburg southtowns area but can drive to the north towns if need be

Send me a PM with details

Thanks in advance! :headbang:

Just call the number i PM’ed you and tell him i told ya to call

You’re kidding yourself if you think someone is going to reply that dosent know you. Put the stuff back on-a cat has such a minor effect on performance (unless its clogged).

I PM’d you back but never heard back…
Is he going to be expecting it (ie have you had someone do it before?)
I just dont want to piss him off or anything

wow man way to help a F body bro out, if I recall your on newyorkfbody as well as me…
yeah its true I dont know many people on here (hence why I am offering money), I am not looking for a free hand out from anyone…
I’m sorry my inspection inspection sticker dosent want to wait until I have acquainted myself with more people on here…

And as for the emissions, it came that way when I bought it from a guy in NJ, I dont have them and if I have to spend $$$ I will just buy a aftermarket Y pipe with hi-flow cat…

I am starting a new job with the state in 3 weeks and will have to go a month without a check (bi-weekly pay periods and of course they hold the first check) so I really cant afford to be throwing that kind of money at the car right now and frankly my registration will be up soon and cannot be renewed without an inspection within a year…

Just for the record I am not a cop nor do I have any affiliation with the DMV or any other state or goverment agency in case anyone is scared…
Just offering some bucks because I know I am a noobie and never impose favors off of strangers…

Thanks

I think what he’s trying to say is, the state isn’t just going after the business that does the illegal inspection, they’re also going after the inspector himself. and it’s a heafty fine, with possible jail time if i’m not mistaken, and the chance of losing ur job obviously. and not knowing anything about you other than your car, it’s not worth the risk for us inspectors. my one buddy used to say “i’d help you out man but ur not my brother, cousin, and i didn’t go to school with you… so you need to get it fixed right or find someone you know like that.”

I understand completely…
You cant be too careful in this day and age…
I wouldnt be a narc for the DMV if you paid me alot (which I am sure they get big $$), I am totally anti-emissions…
the goverment needs to crack down on big business and China and India (which is the real reason we have so much green house gasses) and leave us car nuts alone…
I mean its not like the general public are ripping their EGRs and cats off their cars
: P

Also thanks for merging the thread for me to whomever took care of that

This make me laugh! LOL Oh the stories i could tell

umm yeah if I were a complete stranger and newbie to the web I could understand…
Let me reiterate again I am a member of newyorkfbody.com (just like yourself) and I have been on there for a year and a half using the same user name I use here…

:gotme:

Can’t those things be tuned to shut off all the emissions bs in the ECU?

My 96 thunderbird has all the emission crap turned off in the computer, and passes the plugin obd2 test every year.

Is your tuner a tooner or what.

I wouldn’t recommend going there, they are sticklers.