Need inspection help on Fri

OH I gotta use that one :slight_smile:

he would fail the visual inspection of the emissions. which is why i recommended valvoline, half them don’t know what they’re looking for

9c1ny i dont mean any offense towards you. I’m laughing cause of the DMV narc comment. I deal with this every day all day long. I could tell you where every (and i mean every) sticker mill in WNY is, but i cant/wont, It just aint right. LOL
The Inspection Program is extremely important. I dont agree with every aspect of it. But it keeps alot of shit off the road that shouldn’t be on the road. You wouldn’t beleive some of the crap that i see with fresh stickers on it that in noooo way should be driving around.
The emissions part- well, i think is also important and i’m no tree hugger. I think the planet has limited resourses and we as a society are using them up too quickly. I do think more clean air regulation should be aimed towards industry instead of indivdual vehicle owners. And dont fool yourself into thinking its all about air quality (emmissions program) alot of it has to do with federal highway funds (clean air act 1990)

sounds like to me you work for the DMV…
Yes I will agree there are many cars on the road with fresh stickers on them, rot boxes with bald tires, cracked windshields and worn brakes…Hence my point mine is not one of them, everything is perfectly maintained safety wise…
My contention is that I am not some pretensious ass who ripped my emissions off in the search for 5hp and then expects someone to break the law for me…
The previous owner was the aforementioned ass…
I am more or less in between jobs right now (I am saving $$ at my current job to start a new one on May 24th and then go a month without a check) and cannot afford to bolt up a new Y pipe and cat…
NYS law states to renew your registration you must have passed NYS within 1 year…
Well the window the DMV will allow me to renew it does not coencide with the current inspection I have on it…

Therefore thats why I need the help

Yes “we” as a society are using resources too quickly but again its mostly India and China that is doing the most damage…

For a long term solution we need to find alternative/renewable energy sources and we need to limit population growth in saturated areas of the world…

Short of that nothing can head off the impending energy disaster that awaits the next several generations of the world…

But that aside, someone who drives a gas guzzling emissions spewing 1st gen Camaro shouldn’t talk social responsibilities and govermental response programs with someone with a 4th gen…Yes I know your car is before emissions and therefore exempt but the enviromental consequences are the same…

My car on its worst day uses less gas and burns cleaner than yours does on its best day:D

Anyways I hopefully have a hookup tomorrow

I will close the thread if all goes as planned

Ps I am not a tree hugger either, just making a point : P

Well, they will let you register it, you just will be driving around with an out of date inspection.

It’s not any secret, I do. Many here(and NYFBod) know that. Registration Based Enforcement has not started yet BTW.
And when you add it all up my 1st Gen drives about 2000 miles a year. do you think your HC,NOX,Co2 spitting 4th Gen emitts less in a year??? LOL
MY dd is a honda Hybrid so i’m doing my part

well seeing as though I only put about 2500 on my car last year (its driven maybe 100 miles a week only if its not raining) I would say yes, yes my 4th gen does emit less crap in a year than your 1st gen:D

drove up to North tonawanda to find out the place was “out of stickers”

So bump it up

dude, awesome thread

and if my name was Pauly, the odds that i would quantify dollars in ‘chickens’ would be pretty high

its all latched up and spankin fresh on my windshield so please delete the thread or lock her down :headbang:

I heard of a place in Lockport LOL