need inspection

Just wondering if there is a place I can go for a safety inspection on my car where some one doesn’t have to drive it or put it on a lift? Car is all legit new tires, brakes, has cat, etc. Just sits real low and I don’t want to tear anything up underneath…

PM …, he’s always been hassle-free with my cars.

Umm no inspector should have to do any more than pull your car in the garage raise it up… put it down and back it out…

He doesn’t want it on a lift because it’s really low and will tear shit up…clearly said that.

I was talking more aobut the “Driving part”

ya dat ***** is mad chill

guys please relax on that shit …and edit please

If you know an inspector that is lax and let you slide on something don’t go on a public forum and tell every random person, its illegal for both the inspector and for the person getting the inspection if you know your getting a shade tree inspection. The shop and the inspector can get in some major trouble.

To the OP, unless you know someone that will pass you without really inspecting it you’re outta luck about not getting the car lifted up.

Edited out the member’s name on K20’s and Singh’s posts.

Uh… I got my Jetta inspected, its an 01… They are supposed to put it on a lift? Come to think of it… I didn’t see them do emissions either. Hrm.

Like I said car is legit and can be gone all over… If I don’t have to have some kid at midas not give a shit and rip off my exhaust getting on a lift thatd be great. Not looking for somebody to turn a blind eye or anything risky like that

Yeah, the car needs to go in the air to check the steering, suspension and all that stuff. The left front wheel is also supposed to be removed the inspect the brakes. Emissions is just inspecting the emissions equipment and than checking the readiness monitors through the inspection machine.

Maybe I should rephrase and ask is there a shop around that has the patience to work with lowered cars and a non drive on style lift?

I will inspect it…and be honest with you.

my shop is in round lake very clean and honest a few on shift come there anyway for work call 664-1290

come see me at Mavis. Ill Inspect it.